How to make a claim for compensation against your employer
If you have been injured in an accident at work which you think was the responsibility of your employer then you may be wanting to make a claim for compensation.
If this is the case then the first step to making a claim is to contact your employer in writing to advise them of your intention.
If you are going to send a letter to your employer you will need to include the following information:
- A description of how your accident happened (what occurred, who was there etc).
- An explanation as to why you believe your employer is responsible for the accident and therefore your injuries.
- Mention of the law that you are relying upon to make your claim (and which you believe they are in breach of).
- Description of all your injuries and the treatment you have had already.
- Details of the financial expenses you have incurred to date and a mention if any of these are still ongoing.
- A request for any relevant documentation relating to your injuries and accident that your employer may have (for example the accident report book or the first aider’s report).
- A request that your employer forward a copy of your letter to their insurers or legal representative.
Using a compensation solicitor in Hever
Although the information above is all you need to include to get the ball rolling on your claim, the reality is your employer and their legal representation are unlikely to take it particularly seriously unless it has been written by a compensation solicitor in Hever.
If your letter has not been professionally drafted and sent by a compensation solicitor in Hever then your employer is likely to assume you will be representing yourself and therefore can be “fobbed” off with whatever their legal representation tells you. They may try to argue that the accident was not their fault and you may not be able to argue to the contrary.Open Claim Calculator
If you use the services of an experienced solicitor in Hever then they will be fully aware of the laws surrounding your employer’s obligations and duty of care when it comes to employers and will be able to fully and effectively argue your case on your behalf.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline today to find out if our compensation solicitor in Hever can help you make a claim and win the financial compensation that you deserve. To find out how much your claim might be worth you can take our special 30 second test.
No win no fee*
All of our solicitors work on a no win, no fee* basis which means that in the exceptionally unlikely event that your case is not successful and you do not receive any compensation you will not have to pay a penny in legal fees to us. You also won’t have to pay anything up front to us to get your claim started.