At Accident Advice Line we are experts in claiming compensation in Rutland. If you’ve had an accident and it’s not your fault, we’re the ones to turn to. But you know what’s better than getting compensation in Rutland?
Not having that accident in the first place!
OK, it seems obvious, but a lot of accidents are avoidable, so look after yourself and others in the heat. Here’s our list of the top ten tips:
Avoiding Accidents in the Summer Time
- Carry a bottle of water. It’s easy to become dehydrated, and this leads to loss of concentration. So carry water with you, and don’t forget to take the occasional swig.
- Be really careful when you’re cycling and driving. The heat can make you a little drowsy and impatient, but stay alert.
- Be careful when you’re doing jobs around the home, such as DIY. Maybe leave those power tools in the cupboard on really hot days, since your concentration can really be affected by hot weather, and accidents occur easily if you’re not totally thinking about what you’re doing.
- If you really need go get things done, wait for the evening or get up early, when it’s a bit cooler.
- Watch out for others – make sure the elderly and young are coping ok. If you’re out and about and see anyone looking unsteady find them a shady bench to sit down on, and offer them some water.
- Stick to the shady side of the street when you go out, and wear sunscreen and light clothing. Keep yourself as cool as possible.
- Don’t sit in a parked car, and definitely don’t leave children or animals alone in one. Even with the windows open, a car in the sunshine is like a little oven!
- Be aware of the heat on other people’s reaction times and temper. The may be a little bit slower, clumsier and even a bit snappy, so be patient yourself.
- A chilled glass of white wine sounds tempting… but water is better for hydration. Drink alcohol moderately to stay well.
- Keep an eye on the weather report so that you can plan ahead.
If everyone followed these tips in hot weather we’d have far less compensation in Rutland cases to deal with!
Claiming compensation in Rutland with the help of Accident Advice Helpline
But if the worst happens and you do have an accident that requires medical help, give Accident Advice Line a call to discuss claiming compensation in Rutland. The number to call is 0800 689 0500 and from your mobile 0333 500 0993.
We have advisers who are happy to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can also use our 30 second calculator, which will tell you in under a minute if you might be eligible for compensation, and how much you could get.
Stay safe in the sun and enjoy the summer!