Top ten safety tips to avoid claiming for compensation in Reading
At Accident Advice Helpline, we help many people to achieve the compensation in Reading that they are looking for. But it would be better if they never had that accident in the first place!
We are happy to help where we can, but we’d really prefer it if people stayed safe. Here’s our top ten tips for avoiding claiming compensation in Reading.
In the office:
- Always use cable ties to secure trailing wires.
- A tangle of wires is a fire hazard, and a wire that’s stretched across a room is likely to trip someone up.
- Always know where the fire extinguisher is, and how to use it.
- Some fire extinguishers are especially designed for paper fires, some for oil, some for electrical. Make sure you recognize the different types.
- Know where the first aid kit is, and keep it topped up.
- Make sure it doesn’t end up buried in the back of a cupboard with nothing but a couple of old plaster in it!
- Keep things tidy in the kitchen.
- And wipe up any splashes of water. People can easily slip over on spills.
- Know how to lift boxes properly.
- Lift from your knees, not by bending over, and don’t try to pick up more than you can easily manage.
In the street
- Always wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the weather
- If it is snowing, make sure that your shoes have a good grip so you don’t slip over
- Get your eyes checked regularly
- Make sure that you can see well, so that you don’t trip over or bump into things. It means that you will be safe crossing roads, too.
- Stay alert when walking along.
- It sounds silly, but the street is a dangerous place. Make sure you watch out for people cycling on the pavement, rubbish that you could slip on, and wayward umbrellas.
- Watch out for building sites.
- If there is scaffolding on the street be extra vigilant and walk around it carefully. Sometimes builders working overhead can drop things, or there can be a shower of building materials falling.
- Cross roads carefully.
- Of course, you’ve been taught this since you were little, but it bears repeating – look both ways before crossing a road, and use crossings if possible.
Stay safe to avoid claiming compensation in Reading!
Of course, sometimes accidents happen that are entirely not your fault, and that you couldn’t have avoided. If you have an accident, and needed medical attention for it, and if you ring us within three years of the accident happening, we at Accident Advice Line can help you.
The number to call is 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile, ring us on 0333 500 0993.
So why not call us now and find out if you are eligible to claim compensation in Reading?