If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, if your injuries needed medical attention, and the accident took place no more than three years ago, you could be entitled to compensation. If you think this is the situation you have found yourself in, get in touch with compensation lawyers in Nottingham at Accident Advice Helpline to find out for sure.
Who compensation lawyers in Nottingham might have to deal with on your behalf
It is very rare for the responsible party to settle a compensation claim, it is more likely to be:
- A motor insurer if you were injured in a road traffic accident
- The Motor Insurers Bureau if the guilty driver had no insurance
- An employer, or their liability insurers, if your accident was at work
- A government department, government agency or any other publically funded organisations as they settle their own claims
- A manufacturer, or their insurers, if your injuries were caused by faulty goods
- A local council, if a pothole, bad road surface, broken paving slabs, or anything else they should have repaired caused your accident
- If your injuries happened in a public place such as shops, parks, cinemas etc., it could be the owners, or their public liability insurers
There are a huge variety of people and organisations compensation lawyers in Nottingham may have to deal with, but for us none of them are a problem. We deal with many different types of claims, so come across all of these, and other organisations all the time.
The things your claim can include
Putting together a compensation claim is not as easy as saying you hurt me, pay some money, there is much more involved. The sorts of things that need considering are:
- Your injuries and how severe they are
- How they have affected your life
- Are the affects likely to be long term
- Any costs that have arisen because of the accident, like medical expenses, childcare and travelling to name just a few
- Any earning that are lost. If you are unable to return to work, this would be for future as well
Making a compensation claim is not as straightforward as it may sound, which is why you need the best legal advice around.
Finding the best legal advice
That is easy – you get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. We are a specialist law firm that has been making successful compensation claims for nearly 15 years, and in that time we have helped many thousands of innocent victims win the compensation they deserved.
Just call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from amobile, and our friendly advisors will help you every step of the way.
Date Published: 24th November 2014
Author: David Brown