A quick guide to claiming compensation in Kilwinning
If you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault you are probably here because you are thinking about claiming compensation in Kilwinning for your injury.
The internet is full of information on personal injury law, most of it rather good, but to help you decide whether or not to claim, we have compiled a short guide giving some basic facts about personal injury compensation.
Facts about personal injury compensation
- Personal injury claims arise from accidents brought about by negligence, either by an employer, a fellow road user, a company or municipal authority; sometimes it is hard to work out who was responsible for an accident, if this is the case with your accident then please call us, we may be able to help you with this.
- Compensation can be for a physical injury, an illness, or a psychological condition, such as stress, depression or anxiety.
- And compensation can be for any illness or injury, providing that it was serious enough to warrant medical attention.
- Compensation is non-taxable. If, however you received state benefits during your recovery, you may have to pay those back out of your compensation money.
- Personal injury claims are civil matters and are therefore heard in a civil court, only in exceptional circumstances do they become criminal cases or are brought before a jury. The majority of injury claims are actually settled out of court.
- In 1998 the UK Government stopped providing legal aid funding for personal injury claims – thus the rise of law firms offering ‘no win no fee’ legal services. No win no fee means that you do not have to pay your legal fees upfront and you do not have to pay any fees if your claim is unsuccessful.
- The amount of compensation awarded depends on the severity of the injury or illness being claimed for and the impact it had on the claimant’s life – for an estimate of how much you could get for your injury we have a compensation calculator tool on our website: www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk.
Claiming compensation in Kilwinning
To claim compensation in Kilwinning for your injury or illness, your accident needs to have taken place within the past three years. If you would like us to handle your claim for you then all you need to do to get things started is call us on one of the numbers below.
We have one if the highest success rates in the industry and will do al that we can to get you your compensation – and all of the lawyers here at the Accident Advice Helpline work under no win no fee contracts so you don’t need to worry about finding the money to pay your legal bill.
You can reach us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 if calling from a mobile.
Or you can find more information about claiming compensation in Kilwinning on our website: www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk
Date Published: 2nd August 2014
Author: David Brown