Compensation is there to help you financially following an accident that wasn’t your fault. You have three years from the date of your accident in which to file your compensation claim.
You can claim compensation regardless of where your accident happened. Most personal injury claims arise from accidents that have happened on the road or at work, but the unexpected can happen just about anywhere, so wherever your accident happened, providing someone else is to blame you can claim compensation. To check that you are eligible for a compensation payment, call our helpline on 0800 689 0500.
Before you claim
If you are going to go ahead and claim there are several things you can do which will increase the chances of claim being successful.
- Write an account of your accident. Include any details that you can remember – some small thing may turn out to be important.
- Take pictures of visible injuries and, if possible, the scene of your accident.
- Make sure you keep track of what your accident is costing you financially – you can claim back money spent on things like private medical treatment and childcare and also for lost income, so keep a record of your costs, and retain any supporting evidence, such as receipts and bank statements.
- If you haven’t received medical attention for your injury, or illness, make an appointment to see your GP so that your injury/illness is on your medical record.
- Report your accident to the relevant authority; i.e, the police, your local council or your employer.
Claiming compensation in Holywell
We are an injury law firm with a nationwide team of injury lawyers who handle compensation claims under no win no fee* contracts so if you want to go ahead and claim we have all the experience and legal expertise necessary to bring your claim to a successful conclusion.
It is worth noting that you cannot get legal aid for a personal injury claim, so to get your compensation without having to pay upfront fees you will need to use a ‘no win no fee*’ lawyer; no win no fee* means that you do not have to pay anything to get your claim started, and you won’t have to pay anything at all if your claim is unsuccessful.
We have dedicated over a decade to helping accident victims get the compensation they need, and deserve after their ordeals, so we will do all that we can to get you your compensation and to get you the maximum amount possible.
To start the ball rolling on your claim for compensation in Holywell, call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 if calling from a mobile.
For an estimate of how much you may be owed, please use the compensation calculator on our website.