Claiming compensation for your High Peak accident
If you have been injured in an accident, you are probably here because you are wondering if you can claim compensation. You can claim compensation for your High Peak accident, providing that it wasn’t your fault and the accident took place within the past three years.
This short article will give you some more information about the claim process and how we can help you get your money.
What you can claim for
You can claim personal injury compensation for any illness or injury that your accident caused you, this could be anything from whiplash, stress or a broken bone, to a more serious life changing injury or illness, such as long term back pain or asbestosis.
Your money will, in part be compensation for the stress and pain of you injury (or illness) and the inconvenience it caused you, but will include money to reimburse you for any financial costs, or losses, arising from your accident, such as lost earnings, private medical treatment or travel expenses.
To find out how much compensation you could be entitled to, use the 30 Second Compensation Calculator on our website: www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk.
To get your money you will need the services of an injury lawyer. We can help you with this, but first there are a number of things that you can do to speed things along.
- Write a detailed account of your accident to ensure that you pin down all of those details, you never know what small thing may turn out to be important!
- Take photographs of any visible injuries. Also take pictures of anything that was damaged in your accident, including your vehicle if yours was a road accident.
- If you didn’t receive medical attention at or after your accident and have not yet seen a doctor, make an appointment to see your GP so that your injury, or illness, is on your medical record.
- Keep track of the financial costs your accident is causing you, and keep hold of supporting evidence, such as receipts and bank statements.
- Where applicable, report your accident to the relevant authority, such as the police or your local council. If your accident happened at work, make sure that it is noted in the accident book and inform your employer.
When you are ready to go ahead and claim compensation for your High Peak accident, call our twenty four hour helpline on one of the numbers below and we will assign your case to one of our injury lawyers who will work on your claim under a no win no fee contract, leaving you free from further financial worries.
Your lawyer will do all that he, or she, can to get you the best compensation deal possible, as soon as possible, and with the minimum amount of fuss – most of the claims we handle here at Accident Advice Helpline are settled out of court.
To talk to us now call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 if using a mobile.
Date Published: 3rd August 2014
Author: David Brown