How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for a foreign object in food

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    Compensation for a foreign object in food

    Compensation for a foreign object in food

    How much compensation for a foreign object in food?

    Here are two very QUICK ways to find out:

    1. Call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile
    2. Use our online 30-second test.

    Finding a foreign object in your food can be an upsetting and dangerous experience, especially if it has been consumed. Not only can glass or other objects be found in food you may have purchased at the supermarket, it may also occur in food you have ordered from a restaurant or take-away. 

    Unfortunately, this should never happen but is shockingly common. If this unfortunate incident has happened to you then you could be entitled to compensation and should seek help from Accident Advice Helpline.

    How to go about claiming compensation

    Whether it is a restaurant, stockist or manufacturer, it is their obligation to provide you with food that is fit for consumption. Finding glass, or something else, in your food would be grounds for claiming compensation for a foreign object in food, and we are here to help you make your claim.

    Seek support from the following

    If you were to find glass or other foreign object in your food, you should seek support from the following people:

    • A doctor or other medical professional
      This should be done first and foremost. If you have suffered an injury through eating food containing a foreign object you should seek immediate medical attention. You should also see a doctor if you believe you have swallowed glass. Even if you have no apparent external or visible injuries, glass can cause serious internal injuries. If you are unsure whether you have actually swallowed the glass or not, seek medical advice to check.
    • The manufacturer or provider of the food
      If you are eating in a restaurant, you need to speak to the restaurant supervisor, manager, or whoever else is in charge. Don’t be fobbed off with simply accepting a free meal or an apology as this is unacceptable.After all, this is a serious matter. If possible, record the evidence, perhaps by taking a photo with your phone or retaining the contaminated food. If you find a foreign object in pre-packaged food, take photos and return the food in its original packaging with details of the injuries you have suffered. Ask the manufacturer to investigate and give you a written explanation as to how the object appeared in your food.
    • An environmental health officer
      You should contact your Local Authority and ask to speak with the Environmental Health Team. They will be able to investigate and pursue the responsible party on your behalf.

    Get the right help now

    Contact us, Accident Advice Helpline. We will give you the right advice and information, which will enable you to make a decision as to whether you want to proceed with a compensation claim or not. If you do wish to proceed we will give you legal assistance each and every step of the way.

    You can contact our friendly team by calling us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call now?

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.