How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for different injuries at work

    Are you wondering about compensation for different injuries at work

    There are numerous ways that you can be injured at work, including:

    • Slips, trips and falls
    • Injuries involving poorly guarded machinery
    • Burns and other skin conditions caused by spillages of hazardous substances
    • Being hit by falling objects
    • Back injuries caused by lifting items that are too heavy

    If you are injured at work and the accident was your employers’ fault, you may be entitled to compensation.

    How much will I receive in compensation for different injuries at work?

    How much compensation you receive cannot be guaranteed. It will vary on your own circumstances and the nature of your injury.

    As minor injury such as a cut of bruise will probably only result in compensation of a few hundred pounds. However, a more serious injury such as a back injury which involves permanent damage could result in compensation of £100,000 or more.

    In addition to receiving compensation for your pain and suffering aspect of your compensation injury at work, you can also claim for any financial losses such as wages that you lost as a result of the accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What if my employer cannot afford to pay?

    Every UK employer has to purchase Employers’ Liability insurance which covers them in case one of their employees makes a claim against them. Even if they are currently experiencing financial difficulties, there will be funds available to pay your compensation injury at work claim if you are successful.

    How do I make a compensation for different injuries at work claim?

    You can present your compensation injury at work claim yourself, or you can get professional help with your claim. Your union may be able to help you but it may be better to use a specialist law firm such as Accident Advice Helpline.

    You need to start your claim within three years of the date of your accident. You can find out whether you have a valid claim by taking the unique 30-second online test at Accident Advice Helpline’s website.

    Why shouldn’t I make the claim myself?

    It is always a good idea to use the help of a specialist, but with a compensation injury at work claim it can be more important to do so because it is likely that you know the person you are claiming compensation from. If you attempt to make the claim on your own, there is a chance that things could get personal. If Accident Advice Helpline deals with your employer’s insurers, there is less of a risk of this becoming a complication than if you deal with your employer direct.

    Accident Advice Helpline has many specialist personal injury compensation claim solicitors and has been helping people with their claims for over ten years. All of its solicitors work on a no win, no fee basis which means there is no financial risk to you whether you win or lose your case. You can maximise your chances of receiving the full amount of compensation due to you by taking professional advice.

    Call us now on 0800 689 0500 and get your claim started.

    Date Published: 10th June 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.