How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for child related injuries

    When a child has been hurt, especially when they have an injury to the forehead, one of the things that parents want to know is – ‘who can I turn to in order to get compensation for child related injuries?’ Before a parent can answer this question, there are a lot of other questions that they should ask prospective solicitors, to help them find the right one. Here are some of the questions that parents should ask to help them find the right person.

    Using a solicitor for compensation for child related injuries

    The first thing you want to do is ask the solicitor if you will be working with them or if someone else will be taking your case. You don’t want to get comfortable with someone and then realise that someone else is going to actually be doing the work. So ask up front if the person in the original meeting is going to be the one who is taking the case or if someone else is going to be taking the case. This way there will be no surprises.

    How long do you think it will take to get compensation?

    The second thing you want to know is approximately how long it’s going to take before you get compensation for child related injuries. Chances are the solicitor won’t be able to give you an exact time frame, but they may be able to give you a rough estimate. This is especially true if the person has been doing this for a long time and they know how the system works. So ask the solicitor to give you a rough estimate so you know what you should expect.

    What else do I need to know?

    The third thing that you want to know is anything else that the solicitor can tell you. Ask them to tell you what may hold up the proceedings, what you need to do to help your case move along more quickly, and what mistakes you should avoid making that may hurt your chances for compensation. You need to know what to expect and what you should do and what you shouldn’t do, otherwise you may make a mistake without knowing that it’s going to hurt your case.

    It may take time to help you find the right person to ask these questions to about getting compensation. If you want to speed up the process and finally ask the question: “How much compensation could I be entitled to claim?” we can help you. We have helped many concerned parents find the right solicitor. Simply call us and we’ll find the right person to help you, someone who is caring and who is experienced with children’s cases.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 9th September 2013

    Author: sharon.hendricks

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.