How to get the maximum amount for your compensation claim’s value in Warrington
If you are thinking about making a personal injury claim, you will obviously want to make sure you get the maximum possible amount. However, if you do not gather the right evidence or hire a quality solicitor, you can severely injure your chances of doing so. Unfortunately, a lot of people realise this when it is too late. Luckily, you have landed on this page, so continue reading to discover some top tips on maximising your compensation claim’s value in Warrington.
- Get witness contact details – Did anyone witness the accident? If so, then you are advised to get their contact information. Witness statements can really help to strengthen your case.
- Make a note of everything that happened – It can be very easy to forget something, especially when you are likely feeling distressed about the accident in any case. This is why it is a good idea to write down everything in as much detail as possible.
- Claim as soon as possible – A lot of people leave it far too late to make a claim. Not only is there a three-year time limit, but also you will find it a lot easier to claim the sooner you do so. This is because it will be a lot easier to gather all of the evidence mentioned in this post. Take witness statements as a prime example. If you do not claim for a couple of years, your witnesses may have changed their phone number, moved house, or they may not remember the incident clearly.
- Hire a no-win no-fee solicitor – A no-win no-fee solicitor will work harder to ensure that your case is a success. This is because you are only going to pay legal fees if your case is a success.
- Keep proof of expenses – You need to keep proof of any costs you have encountered because of your injuries. This could be anything from vehicle repair costs, to medical expenses, to loss of income, to childcare expenses. You will be able to claim for all of these, but only if you have proof.
Accident Advice Helpline
If you would like any further advice, including a more accurate estimate of your compensation claim’s value in Warrington, or you are ready to start a claim give us a call on 0800 689 0500 from your landline or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: 15th November 2015