If you have been involved in an accident, and suffered an injury then you might be thinking about making a compensation claim in Woking. However, many people find this a very daunting experience and can be put off by what they believe is a complicated legal process.
Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we want to make things as easy and stress free as possible for you. After all, if you’ve been injured you already have enough on your plate. To help you on the road to making a compensation claim in Woking, we have put together a little bit of information about the important first steps to making your claim.
Gather all the necessary information
Before contacting one of our solicitors, it is important to ensure you have all of the information you need relating to your compensation claim in Woking.
Generally speaking, you will need the following information:
- The date (and, if necessary, the time) of your accident
- Precise details regarding location
- Contact details for any witnesses to the accident (this is vitally important if there is a chance the person you regard as being responsible denies responsibility)
- Documentary evidence (for example, medical reports – you won’t need these immediately, but if you have seen a health care professional following your injury then the visit and any treatment will be documented and we will need access to this at some point during the process of your compensation claim Woking)
- A record of any loss of earnings (take copies of any self-certs regarding time taken off work, and request confirmation from your HR department if they are only able to pay you statutory sick pay)
- Keep receipts of any out of pocket expenses you might have incurred as a result of your accident, for example medical bills, prescription charges, payment for childcare or public transport
Instruct a Solicitor
One of the best things you can do to give yourself the best chance of making a compensation claim in Woking is to appoint a solicitor.
Accident Advice Helpline are a law firm with over 13 years’ experience in handling a variety of personal injury claims. All of our in-house solicitors are fully qualified and fully trained to deal with these types of cases including a compensation claim in Woking. They are therefore in the best possible position to provide you with the most up to date and relevant legal advice appropriate to your case.
They also all operate on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis meaning that you are under no financial risk just for starting your compensation claim in Woking.
How long do I have to make a compensation claim in Woking?
There are strict time limits in place for making a compensation claim in Woking. Generally speaking, this is three years from the date of injury, or the date you were aware of an injury in the case of industrial illnesses such as asbestosis.
Your Accident Advice Helpline solicitor will be able to provide you with more information about this.
To find out how much your claim might be worth take our 30 second test today or call on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no-obligation advice about making a claim.
Date Published: 3rd October 2013
Author: David Brown