If you have suffered as a result of clinical negligence then you might be entitled to make a compensation claim in Winscombe.
What is clinical negligence?
A clinical negligence compensation claim in Winscombe is effectively a claim for personal injury caused as a result of mistakes made by medical and dental professionals.
It covers medical professionals such as:
- General Practitioners
- The NHS
- The Ambulance Service (Paramedics)
What can you make a compensation claim in Winscombe for?
You might be able to make a compensation claim in Winscombe for clinical negligence if:
- Your child has suffered an injury during pregnancy, delivery and/or birth. If a condition was not spotted during routine scanning, or misdiagnosed, if drugs administered caused serious side effects due to incorrect dosages or if an error was made during birth itself. You can make a compensation claim in Winscombe on behalf of your child (as they are regarded as a minor until their 18th birthday) or you could make a claim on behalf of yourself if you are the mother and you have been injured during the delivery of your child.
- You could make a claim for hospital negligence if you have had surgery that you did not need, or if an error occurred during surgery which has had a negative impact on your life (for example, the removal of the wrong kidney during an operation).
- You can also make a claim for dental negligence; this can include the misinterpretation of X-rays which might lead to the wrongful removal of a perfectly healthy tooth, or errors in performing routine procedures (this can include nerve damage).
- You can make a claim against the Ambulance Service if, when called to an emergency, an Ambulance fails to arrive within the standards outlined by the NHS, and someone suffers as a result of this failure to provide care promptly.
- Claims can also be made in cases where women have agreed to be sterilised, and have later gone on to become pregnant.
How to make a claim
If you think you might be entitled to make a compensation claim in Winscombe then the first thing you might want to do is take our 30 second test, which you can find on our website. This will establish the eligibility of your claim based on three factors:
- That an injury has been sustained.
- That the injury was the fault of someone else.
- That the incident causing the injury occurred within the last three years.
Our 30 second test will also give you a good indication of how much your compensation claim in Winscombe might be worth.
You should then contact Accident Advice Helpline to get your claim started. We are a law firm with over 15 years’ experience in a variety of personal injury compensation claims, including clinical negligence. We can therefore provide you with the most up to date legal advice, and guide you through the entire process to ensure you get the financial compensation you deserve. Call us on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: 22nd September 2013
Author: David Brown