If you have been involved in an accident at work which has led to an injury, you might want to make a compensation claim in Westminster. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 15 years’ experience in dealing with a variety of personal injury claims, including work-based accidents and illnesses.
To make your life easier, we have put together a simple step by step guide to let you know the steps you should take. These steps will give you all the information you need to help gain all the evidence you need to make your compensation claim in Westminster a success.
Steps you should take
If you have been injured in an accident at work, you should:
- Report the accident to your manager or supervisor as quickly as possible;
- Ensure that the injury is reported to the first aider at work;
- Ensure that the injury and accident are recorded fully in the accident book;
- Seek medical attention outside of the workplace as soon as is practical;
- If you are a member of a union, inform your union representative of the accident;
- Provide assistance to your supervisor or the head of health and safety at work as they investigate the accident. This will help to safeguard other workers and ensure that the same accident does not happen again;
- Notify your employer via the usual channels if you have to take any time of work;
- Start to keep a diary of all the symptoms associated with your injury; and
- Keep a record of any out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident and your injuries, and keep all associated receipts as proof.
Starting a compensation claim in Westminster
If after notifying your employer of your accident and associated injuries they have decided not to pursue the matter any further themselves, you might want to make a compensation claim in Westminster. If your claim is a success you will be awarded financial compensation, which will be designed to help you fully recover from the injuries you have suffered. It will also cover any out-of-pocket expenses incurred, including potential loss of earnings if you have had to take time off work during your recovery period.
You can speak to Accident Advice Helpline today to find out more information. We know how awkward some people can feel about making a compensation claim in Westminster against their employer. They often worry that the employer will treat them differently as a result, and that their job itself might actually be put under threat. This is not the case. Employers have a duty of care to all of their employers, and if they fail in that duty and you are injured as a result, you have every right to seek financial compensation.
Take our 30-second test today to find out how much your compensation claim in Westminster might be worth, then call us on 0800 689 0500 to get started.