How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim in Westbury-on-Severn

    Here is a list of frequently asked questions relating to making a compensation claim in Westbury-on-Severn.

    What can I claim for?

    You can make a compensation claim in Westbury-on-Severn for any injury you have sustained, no matter how minor it may appear. The two important factors that your solicitor will need to establish are that the injuries you have sustained relate directly to the accident in which you have been involved, and that they can be substantiated by medical evidence. This is one of the reasons why it is so important for you to seek medical attention if you have been injured, and why you will be asked to see an independent medical professional at some point during your claim.

    What if I have had health issues previously?

    Some people worry that a pre-existing medical condition will affect their ability to make a compensation claim in Westbury-on-Severn. For example, you may have been involved in a slip, trip or fall which has resulted in your jarring your back and you are now in a significant level of pain or discomfort as a result. You might be concerned that you had previously sought medical attention for a previous back difficulty or problem.

    The fact that you have sought assistance in the past does not mean that you cannot make a claim for the injuries that you have now sustained. The two could be completely unrelated, or the injuries sustained during your accident might have made your pre-existing condition considerably worse. Either way, you have the right to compensation.

    How far will I have to go to see a medical expert?

    As we mentioned, in all likelihood you will be required to see an independent medical expert who will need access to your medical records. Due to the large network of medical professionals that Accident Advice Helpline have access to, we can ensure that a medical expert is instructed who lives or works close to you, meaning that the amount of travel you are required to undertake will be kept to an absolute minimum.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Remember, when it comes to making a compensation claim in Westbury-on-Severn you can also claim financial compensation for out-of-pocket expenses, including travel to and from all medical appointments associated with your accident or injury.

    What will the medical expert do?

    The purpose of the medical expert meeting is for them to provide a detailed reporting relating to your current condition, the effect the injuries have had on your life, the likely duration of your recovery, and whether there is going to be any long lasting need for treatment. It is possible that they will need to conduct an examination, but they may just discuss your condition with you.

    How to make a compensation claim in Westbury-on-Severn

    If you would like to make a compensation claim in Westbury-on-Severn, then the first thing you should do is contact Accident Advice Helpline today. We are available 24/7 to discuss your claim and can put you in touch with one of our specialist solicitors to start the legal process for you.

    Date Published: 14th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.