If you have been involved in a road traffic accident or road traffic collision, there is a chance that you may experience an injury in the form of whiplash. If this is the case, then you may be entitled to make a compensation claim in Westbury Park.
What is whiplash?
Whiplash relates to the trauma to the neck caused by the head unexpectedly and unnaturally jolting in one direction, leading to damage to the neck tissues. Symptoms include:
- Constant pain in the neck;
- Twitches of the neck and/or shoulders (this may vary from annoying to discomfort to quite severe pain);
- Difficulty in moving the neck in some or all directions, including general stiffness;
- Headaches (these can be minor, or quite severe and debilitating); and
- Lightheadedness or dizziness.
If you suspect that you have whiplash it is advisable to seek medical attention, as a neck brace may be required to support the damaged area. There is no real treatment for whiplash, as the vast majority of cases rectify themselves in time, but you may just want to discuss the best options for aiding your recovery.
Making a compensation claim in Westbury Park
It is important to remember that whiplash symptoms may not present themselves immediately following an accident and can take up to 24 hours to start causing any discomfort.
If you have been involved in a car accident that was not your fault and suspect that you might have whiplash, you should contact your GP. Not only will this ensure that you have the best medical advice you can get, but it will also be noted on your medical records, which will form part of the documentary evidence for substantiating your compensation claim in Westbury Park.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
As a law firm with over 15 years’ experience in dealing with personal injury claims, Accident Advice Helpline have all the knowledge you could possible need to ensure your whiplash claim is a success.
The important things that your solicitor will need to establish is that:
- You have been injured and this has had a negative impact on your life or lifestyle;
- The accident which caused your injuries was not your fault, i.e. someone else is responsible and therefore liable for the injuries you have sustained; and
- The accident and/or injuries occurred within the last three years, as there are strict deadlines in relation to starting a compensation claim in Westbury Park.
If you want to find out if you are eligible to make a compensation claim in Westbury Park you can take our 30-second test, which you will find on our website. This will also give you a rough idea of how much your claim might be worth.
You can then contact our advisors on 0800 689 0500, who will start processing your claim and put you in touch with one of our in-house solicitors, who will be with you every step of the way.