Lifts and escalators can provide an easy and quicker alternative to having to use a lot of stairs, however, they can present hazards. If you have been injured in an accident whilst using a lift or an escalator you might be able to make a compensation claim in West End.
Lift and escalator accidents
Lifts and escalators are normally very safe but sometimes things can go wrong, especially if they are not properly maintained. Examples of potential accidents include:
- Problems with lift doors meaning that the doors might close on someone unexpectedly, causing potential injury.
- Lifts stopping randomly between floors, such an action might cause someone to fall to the ground which could cause wrist injuries as they brace themselves for the fall.
- Occasionally lifts fail to stop on the correct floor in the correct way, meaning that they are a couple of inches higher or lower than the floor you want to get out on. In these cases you might trip or fall as you exit the lift, and therefore injure yourself in this way.
Escalators can be equally dangerous.
- If the steps of the escalator are not properly cleaned a spillage might result in the step being slippy, and this may cause you to fall either forwards, therefore injuring yourself on the steps in front, or backwards and therefore down the escalator itself.
- Safety mechanisms are in place on escalators usually in the form of an emergency stop button to ensure that, should something happen to put someone at risk, the escalator will stop to minimise the potential for injury. Occasionally, especially if the escalator is not properly maintained, this emergency stop button might fail, with devastating consequences.
If you have been injured in a lift or escalator related accident you can contact Accident Advice Helpline today to find out how to make a compensation claim in West End.
The first steps to making a compensation claim in West End
In order for your compensation claim West End to be a success, and for you to be granted financial compensation, you will need to establish that:Open Claim Calculator
- You were involved in an accident on the lift or escalator in question.
- The accident could have been prevented, and failure to do so was as the result of someone else’s negligence.
- The accident occurred within the last three years as there are strict deadline for commencing legal action in personal injury claims.
Accident Advice Helpline are here for you
Our patron, consumer champion Esther Rantzen, knows that the Accident Advice Helpline will do everything we can to make sure that you are looked after whilst making your compensation claim West End.
We have over 13 years’ experience in dealing with personal injury claims, including compensation claim West End, and we will provide you with the best legal representation we can.
To find out if you are eligible to make a claim, and to see how much your compensation claim West End could be worth take our 30 second test today.