In the very vast majority of cases travelling by plane is an exceptionally safe mode of transportation. However, sometimes things can go wrong; accidents happen and people can get injured.
If you have been injured by an accident on an aeroplane then you might be entitled to make a compensation claim in West Chiltington.
What accidents can I make a compensation claim in West Chiltington for?
Apart from the obvious in terms of accidents involving plane crashes there are other accidents that could cause injuries to either passengers or members of the cabin crew.
- Spillages – either due to poor care and attention or potentially rough weather conditions which cause turbulence, passengers (or even members of the cabin crew) could be injured by hot food or beverages being spilt.
- Food poisoning – I know we’ve all heard jokes about the quality of aeroplane food, but for the most part, the food is actually of good quality if not that adventurous and exciting. However, sometimes regardless of the taste, food poisoning can occur and might well result in your holiday being ruined.
- Falling objects – many objects are stored in overhead lockers, and while passengers often place their items in these storage containers themselves, it is up to the cabin crew to ensure that everything is shut away properly. If this is not done and an item works its way loose it could cause you serious injury if it lands on you at any point during the flight.
- Trolley injuries – we’ve all seen the drinks cart zip up and down the gangway on a plane, but every so often you can be hit on the leg, ankle or elbow (or possibly even the back of your head) as one of these trollies passes by. This sort of accident should be prevented if the person in charge paid the necessary attention.
- Slips, trips and falls – these can occur either on the plane or whilst embarking or disembarking.
- Cuts and lacerations – perhaps sharp edges, which should be covered up, are exposed and you have ended up with a cut or laceration as a result.
Regardless of how the injury occurred, or the nature of the injury, the one thing that all of these scenarios have in common is that, with a little bit more attention to detail and thought, they could have been prevented.
This is one of the keys to establishing the validity of a compensation claim in West Chiltington – that the accident and/or injuries could have been prevented, and that they were caused by the negligence of someone else.Open Claim Calculator
How to make a compensation claim in West Chiltington
If you want to find out more about making a compensation claim in West Chiltington then contact the Accident Advice Helpline today.
We are a specialist law firm with over 14 years’ experience in dealing with personal injury claims, including injuries that have occurred on aeroplanes and within airports and other public places.
Our in house solicitors can provide you with all the advice you need, and will progress your claim on your behalf.