How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim in West Carnforth

    Compensation Claim in West Carnforth

    When we embark on education there’s many things we hope to get as a result of our diligence.  One thing none of us ever count on is getting injured; however, accidents do often occur in educational settings, and sometimes these can lead to quite serious injuries.

    If you, or your child, has been injured in an accident at nursery, school, college or university then you might be entitled to make a compensation claim West Carnforth.

    Who can make a compensation claim in West Carnforth?

    A whole variety of people could be injured on school property, for example:

    • Pupils (of all ages)
    • Teachers
    • Other members of staff (for example, catering staff, cleaners etc)
    • Visitors
    • Parents and carers
    • Delivery drivers

    What accidents could I make a compensation claim in West Carnforth for?

    You might have a slip, trip or fall on the school grounds due to uneven walk ways, poorly gritted paths during adverse weather or hazards left lying around which have not been marked appropriately.

    Faulty or defective machinery might be the cause of an accident, or lack of safety around various machinery and tools.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Sporting accidents are also fairly common, where inappropriate training has been provided, or inadequate supervision by staff.

    While there are many jokes about the quality of food available within schools, the fact of the matter is there is an opportunity for food poisoning.

    You might even have been exposed to asbestos and ended up with an asbestos related disease such as mesothelioma.

    What do you need to know to make a claim?

    In order for your claim to be successful your solicitor will need to establish three things:

    1. That you have suffered some form of injury and/or illness.
    2. That this injury or illness could have been prevented, and where this was not prevented this is proof of negligence on the part of the person who should have been responsible for your safety.
    3. That the injury or illness occurred within the last three years.

    The last point is especially important in relation to illnesses and diseases associated with asbestos.  It would be unreasonable to expect you to be aware of the effects of such exposure three years from the data of exposure, as diseases such as mesothelioma can take decades to present themselves, therefore you have three years from the date of diagnosis to make a claim.

    How much is my claim worth?

    Without knowing any precise information regarding your injury or illness it is impossible to tell you how much your compensation claim in West Carnforth might be worth.

    The amount of financial compensation awarded depends on the nature of the injury, the long term effects, the amount of rehabilitation needed and also takes into account additional expenses, for example, loss of earnings or costs of medical treatment etc.

    We can give you a rough idea of how much your claim might be worth via our 30 second test if you enter some brief details of your compensation claim in West Carnforth.

    Date Published: 9th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.