Having to undergo a medical treatment, especially if it involves invasive surgery, can be a scary and daunting experience. In the vast majority of cases there is no reason to worry and everything goes according to plan, or if not, with the minimal of distress and need for additional after care. However, on the rare occasion something goes wrong and the surgeon, or other medical professionals make a mistake, you might find yourself wanting to make a compensation claim Victoria.
If you are injured, or made ill, by the actions of a medical professional you might be able to make a compensation claim Victoria on the grounds of clinical (or medical) negligence.
Clinical negligence covers a wide range of potential compensation claim Victoria including:
- Anaesthetic awareness – where you might regain some element of consciousness despite having been given a general anaesthetic for a particular procedure.
- Surgical complications – these might not always result in a viable compensation claim Victoria as not all complications are the result of medical or clinical error.
- Cosmetic surgery errors.
- Failed sterilisation.
What makes a successful claim?
In order for your clinical negligence compensation claim in Victoria to have a good chance of being successful you will need to establish:
- That you have been injured, or affected in some way, as a result of the errors that occurred.
- That what happened to you (in terms of injury or illness) were a direct result of the actions of the medical professional(s) treating. This is known as establishing who is liable for the injuries you have sustained.
- That the incident in question happened within the last three years, or that it has not been more than three years since you discovered the consequences of the medical procedure you had done.
How to make a compensation claim in Victoria
If you think you might have a case for making a compensation claim Victoria you should contact Accident Advice Helpline today to find out more.Open Claim Calculator
Our professional and friendly advisors are available to answer any queries you may have and will be able to give you more information about the validity of your claim.
You can contact us by:
- Using our 24/7 freephone helpline.
- Completing our online enquiry form and requesting that a member of our team gives you a call back.
- Take our 30 second test which will also give you a rough estimate of how much your compensation claim Victoria might be worth.
Once you have received the initial advice from our advisers, and have decided to progress with your compensation claim in Victoria you will be put in touch with one of our expert in house solicitors.
All of our solicitors operate on a no win, no fee* basis, meaning that there is absolutely no financial risk to you when you start your compensation claim Victoria.
We will be with you every step of the way, which is why Esther Rantzen has chosen to be our patron – she knows we will look after you at every turn!