If you are the owner of a motorcycle you have no doubt always dreamed of riding out onto the open road, just you and your bike.
Motorcycles afford ease of travel (no getting in stuck in traffic jams) and exhilaration that many argue you just don’t get with regular vehicle travel.
Of course, the downside of being a motorcyclist is that travelling the roads becomes increasingly more dangerous as you are left more vulnerable to serious injury via any accidents you may become involved in.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident then you may want to make a compensation claim in Upton.
All motorcyclists know that …
- You have to be alert at all times, and have to anticipate what other road users are going to do. It is also worth looking over your shoulder (the equivalent of checking your blind spot) when completing a manoeuvre.
- Be visible by wearing a fluorescent vest or clothing.
- Be cautious when overtaking, never overtaken on a blind bend and make sure you can see plenty of the road up ahead of you.
- Take extra care in bad weather as a motorcycle is more vulnerable to the presenting conditions.
Unfortunately, no matter how careful you are or how experienced you are as a road user and motorcyclist, there is always the possibility that you will be involved in an accident and have to make a compensation claim in Upton.Open Claim Calculator
How to make a compensation claim in Upton
You can make a compensation claim Upton if you have been injured in a motorcycling accident and the accident was not your fault.
Most motorcycle accidents are caused by other road users, usually drivers of “conventional” vehicles such as cars and vans. Accidents can be caused by:
- Drivers failing to check their mirrors properly when turning, and therefore failing to spot a motorcyclist.
- Failing to check their mirrors or blind spots before opening car doors if parked on the street, resulting in a motorcyclist crashing into the now open door.
- Failing to give a motorcyclist as much room as they would any other road user when overtaking.
- Not checking properly when pulling out of a side road that the road they are pulling onto is clear – motorcyclists can be harder to spot, especially if there are other vehicles parked on the side of the road perhaps hiding them from view.
All of these incidents can be easily avoided if the proper care and attention is taken in the first place. Failure to adhere to these simple steps of observation could mean you have a case for making a compensation claim in Upton.
What should you do?
If you want to find out more about making a compensation claim in Upton, contact Accident Advice Helpline today.
You can take our 30 second test, which you will find on our website, which will give you details of whether your claim is eligible to proceed, and will also give you a rough estimate of how much you might be able to claim in financial compensation.