In order to make a compensation claim in Uppingham your solicitor will need to establish three separate facts:
- That you have been involved in an accident or incident which resulted in injury or illness to yourself.
- The accident or illness in question was caused as a direct result of someone else’s carelessness or negligence.
- The incident in question happened within the last three years (although there can be some flexibility with regards to this depending on your individual circumstances).
What sort of accidents can I make a compensation claim in Uppingham for?
In reality any conceivable accident which covers the three points listed above will entitle you to make a compensation claim in Uppingham.
Some of the more common personal injury claims that we deal with include:
Road Traffic Accidents
If you have been injured in a road traffic accident either as a driver, passenger or pedestrian that was not your fault then Accident Advice Helpline can assist you in making your compensation claim.
We can even help in more complicated cases, for example, if the other party who was negligent was not fully insured, or if you have been involved in a hit and run incident.
Slips, Trips and Falls
A slip, trip or fall could happen in a variety of situations including public spaces and buildings and work places. They could occur as a result of wet surfaces not properly identified, or hazards being in place that were unexpected, poorly lit or not notified about.
Work place accidents can happen in a variety of scenarios, for example, you could make a compensation claim in Uppingham if:
- You have not received suitable training to perform a particular job or task, for example, if you have not been shown how to lift something properly.
- Industrial diseases. These are slightly more complex because of the nature of the presenting disease; however, these cover things such as repetitive strain injury, vibration white finger, deafness and blindness or asbestos related diseases such as mesothelioma.
- Faulty machinery or equipment. This can include machinery that has not been installed correctly or is not efficiently maintained. It might even be machinery that was faulty at the time of installation.
You might be able to make a compensation claim in Uppingham if you have been injured by a faulty or defective product, for example, if you purchase a chair that is unfit for purpose and it cannot hold your weight.
The owners of property have a duty of care, or liability, to ensure patrons entering their environment are safe. This includes shops, supermarkets and other places of work you may be entering as a customer and/or member of the public. All areas should be kept clean and free from hazards, thus ensuring your safety.
How to make a compensation claim in Uppingham
If you want to find out more about making a compensation claim in Uppingham you can contact Accident Advice Helpline today. You can give our team a call on 0800 689 0500 to discuss things in more detail.
We will provide you with the best possible advice and help you every step of the way during the legal process.
Date Published: 30th August 2013
Author: David Brown