How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim in Troon

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Troon

    A compensation claim can be filed by anyone. However, not all accidents qualify you to receive a personal injury compensation. You have to meet certain criteria in order to file a compensation claim in Troon, which are as follows:

    • Your accident must not have happened due to your own fault. As long as you are able to prove that the cause of your accident was someone else, whether they were a person, a company or a public institution, you qualify to receive a compensation; and
    • Your accident must have not happened longer than three years ago. There are a few exceptions to this rule, but for most type of injuries this is the time limit for filing a claim. If you fail to make your claim in this time, you lose the right to the money.

    What types of injuries you can make a compensation claim in Troon for

    Depending on the type of injury you have sustained, you might want to work with a different accident solicitor. There are smaller companies that specialise in certain types of claims, but also big ones that work on a national level and have plenty of experience with all claim categories. The size of the company you decide to work with is less important; what matters most is the experience they have with cases like yours. The more they know the area, the better they will prepare your claim.

    Here are the main branches of personal injury compensation claims:

    • Slips, trips and falls. While these are often caused by one’s own lack of attention, that’s not always the case. If you’ve tripped on a broken pavement that should have been fixed by the local authorities or slipped on a dirty floor in the supermarket, you should file a claim against them and ask for a compensation for your injury.
    • Medical negligence. If medical staff have done anything to harm you, they should be made responsible for their mistakes. You are entitled to file a claim against them.
    • Road traffic accidents. Car crashes can result in devastating consequences, so difficult that a personal injury compensation, while covering all the material financial impact, is still not enough. There is a lot of frustration around horrible accidents and a feeling that life is not fair.
    • Accidents at work. The law states that all employers have to provide good working conditions to their employees, applied to the type of work they are performing. This ranges from good working stations and clean spaces to safe working conditions, good tools, well maintained equipment and proper training on how to use machinery. If your employer has failed to provide any of these and this has resulted in you getting injured, you are entitled to file a personal injury claim for compensation.

    Find out more

    With any questions you might have about your compensation claim in Troon, you are welcome to call Accident Advice Helpline at any time on 0800 689 0500, or on 0333 500 0993 if you are calling from your mobile.

    Date Published: 14th September 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.