Cornwall is one of the most beautiful areas of the United Kingdom and attracts visitors throughout the summer months. The area is very rural and those looking to make a compensation claim in The Lizard may not have much luck finding a solicitor as many villages are small. This is the most south westerly part of the country and getting there involves negotiating many narrow lanes. If you are planning on taking a trip to The Lizard then it pays to plan your trip in advance.
Holidays on the The Lizard
The Lizard is famous for its stunning scenery, dramatic cliffs and beautiful beaches. Many people come here to camp or stay in caravans while others prefer to stay in one of the many beautiful cottages in the area.
- If you are planning on spending time in The Lizard then plan your route carefully before you leave home. This is a remote area and mobile signals and GPRS coverage may be a bit intermittent so having a good old fashioned map or route planner may pay better dividends than a sat nav system.
- Check your car out before you leave. The Lizard has many country roads and you may be in for a long wait from the emergency services should you have a breakdown. Always check oil, water and tyre pressures before you set out and carry a basic first aid kit in the car.
- Make sure you have all the important details with you such as insurance details, emergency contact numbers and of course a fully charged mobile phone.
- Always let someone know where you are staying especially if you are travelling alone.
- When on the beaches obey all safety signs and only swim in permitted areas. Stay well away from the rocks. The Cornish waters are powerful and the waves can become extremely high.
Compensation claim in The Lizard- What to do if something goes wrong
If you are unlucky enough to suffer an accident while visiting The Lizard then the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. If the accident was not your fault then you may be entitled to make a compensation claim so take details of any witnesses that may have been present and photographs of what caused the accident.
The next step is to speak to an experienced compensation claim law firm. The Lizard is such a remote area that if you are making a compensation claim in The Lizard you may have to look further afield to get help. Accident Advice Helpline have been helping people make successful injury claims for over fifteen years. They work with hundreds of solicitors all of whom now offer a no-win, no-fee policy to their clients. They have the support of Dame Esther Rantzen and can be contacted twenty four hours a day seven days a week.
If you would like help starting a compensation claim in The Lizard then call 0800 689 0500 (0333 500 0993 from a mobile) and get some no obligation advice today.