Do you know what to do if you have a motoring accident? Travelling in the heart of England involves not only using motorways but also country roads. Many people visit the historic town of Stratford upon Avon throughout the summer and this makes the roads leading to the town extremely busy. If you were involved in a motoring accident and wished to make a compensation claim in Stratford upon Avon would have a good choice of solicitor for you to choose from but before you get to that stage you must have followed the correct procedure following a motoring accident.
Get it right.
The first thing you should do if you are involved in a motoring accident with another vehicle is of course notify the police. You do not have to do this at the time but it has to be done within twenty four hours at your local police station. If the accident was serious enough to have caused you personal injury then you will probably have damaged your car. If this is the case then it is prudent to call the police to the scene as your insurance company will want the incident report to confirm liability.
- Make sure that everyone in your car is not too seriously hurt; if anyone including the driver of the other car is in a serious condition then call an ambulance immediately.
- Get out of the car and move to a safe place while you await the emergency services.
- Don’t move the car unless it is safe to do so; the position of the car is vital to determining who was at fault and the police may want to see it where it is.
- If you are able take a photo of the scene on your mobile phone as this will confirm the circumstances around the accident.
- If people have stopped to help you take their contact details these arte your witnesses and may be needed later.
- Seek medical attention even if you have only been involved in a minor bump. Some injuries take a while to show themselves and that medical report may well be needed in your claim process.
- Contact your insurance company and get the details of the other vehicle including the registration number and name of the driver.
Compensation Claim in Stratford upon Avon – What to do next.
The next step if you have suffered injury and the accident was not your fault is to speak to someone about compensation for your personal injury. If you wish to make a local compensation claim in Stratford upon Avon will have a choice of solicitors for you or you can call Accident Advice Helpline who are available twenty four hours a day seven days a week. The call will not place you under any obligation and you will be offered a thirty second test to ensure your right to make a claim. You could also be given a potential figure that you may be given as a result of your claim but always bear in mind this is only an estimate.
For more advice and to talk to someone who understands call 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile today.