Accidents at Work
Accident Advice Helpline has over 13 years’ experience in helping people who have been injured in accidents that weren’t their fault to access compensation claim Stanton Drew. A fast 30 second test found at our website could tell you whether you have a valid claim and all claims are handled on a No Win No Fee basis.
Although we all go to work with the expectation that we will be safe there, sadly accidents and injuries are extremely common. Because there are so many different jobs in so many different settings, there are a large variety of potential accidents and incidents:
- Slips and Falls
- Burns from hot substances or surfaces
- Cuts and Lacerations from sharp edges or implements
- Neck and Spinal Injuries from falling debris
- Severe injuries involving machinery or motor vehicles
Under UK law, any person or company running a business with employees has a duty of care to ensure the safety and security of their employees at all times. This duty of care is ensured by The Health and Safety Act 1974, and under these rules any employer has to:
- Take any and all reasonable steps to protect the health, safety and welfare of all employees and visitors to the premises.
- Control any risks which may exist.
- Carry out risk assessments both periodically and at any time when the risk may be increased (i.e. a pregnant employee, a new method of working or a new piece of equipment or machinery).
- Provide information to all employees on the risks which exist and how the employer has taken steps to counter these risks.
- Ensure regular training of employees in health and safety measures.
Injury Compensation Claim in Stanton Drew
However mundane and safe a working environment might seem, accidents can happen and as a result you as an employee could suffer a severe injury. Following such an injury, you may find that you need medical assistance, time away from work to recover and even long term help and support to help you manage your injuries and any long term effects they might have had.
If the fault for your accident lies with your employer because they have been negligent, careless or have failed in their legal duty of care then UK law gives you the right to make a compensation claim Stanton Drew.
Many people are uneasy when it comes to making a compensation claim Stanton Drew in the workplace. This may be for a number of reasons such as potential difficulties when it comes to returning to work or concerns that their compensation claim Stanton Drew could make life difficult for an employer.
However, it’s also worth considering that any pain and suffering which occurred as a result of your accident at work was a direct consequence of the actions of your employer. Therefore, making a compensation claim in Stanton Drew not only recognises the pain you have suffered but also the time away from work, the stress to your family and the lengthy recovery you face is the least you deserve.