How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim In Staddle Bridge

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Staddle Bridge

    Do you live in Staddle Bridge? Have you suffered from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? If so you might be looking to make a claim.

    What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?

    Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be extremely painful and occurs when too much pressure is placed on the median nerve. Pain in the hands or wrists is the main symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome, but people may also experience swelling, weakness and numbness in the injured area.

    Most people recover from carpal tunnel syndrome within two weeks. Recovery requires resting the affected hand and wrist by immobilizing the wrist in a splint. In more serious cases, however, surgery may be required and this could result in a great deal of time off work.

    If you’ve developed carpal tunnel syndrome because of your job, you may have grounds to make a compensation claim in Staddle Bridge. 

    Who is at risk of developing the Syndrome?

    People who work in jobs where they have to carry out repetitive tasks day in, day out are at a high risk of developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. For example, if you are an assembly line worker you are especially at risk of developing Carpal tunnel syndrome. The syndrome is quite common in those who work in the following areas:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Meat packing
    • Fish packing
    • Poultry factory

    However, there are many other types of repetitive jobs where you can develop carpal tunnel syndrome. Accident Advice Helpline deal with carpal tunnel syndrome claims that arise from any form of employment.

    What should you do if you develop carpal tunnel syndrome? 

    First and foremost you should visit your doctor who can verify that you have carpal tunnel syndrome and you can receive treatment. Once you are diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, you should inform your employer. A diagnosis in writing from your doctor may be required. You employer has a duty to make a note of your injury in the accident log book and report it to the HSE (Health and Safety Executive). Carpal tunnel syndrome is an injury reportable under RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995) which was set up to safeguard employees in the workplace.

    Employers’ responsibility 

    All employers have a duty of care to their staff and it is important that they make sure the risks of developing carpal tunnel syndrome are minimal. Some examples of things employers can do to minimize the risks of employees developing carpal tunnel syndrome are:

    • Carrying out a full risk assessment
    • Providing proper training to staff
    • Rotating the work
    • Providing short frequent breaks.

    Accident Advice Helpline have extensive experience of dealing with a wide variety of compensation claims, including carpal tunnel syndrome claims. If you have experienced this painful condition and it is related to the type of job you do, call one of our friendly advisors today on 0800 689 0500 to make a compensation claim or to find out more information.

    How much could your carpal tunnel syndrome personal injury compensation claim in Staddle Bridge be worth? Our 30-second test can provide you with a quote.

    Date Published: 22nd August 2013

    Author: amco37

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.