How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation claim in St Brelade

    Have you suffered an accident in the home that resulted in an injury? Was the accident caused by another person’s negligence? Did the accident occur within the last 3 years and resulted in medical attention being sought? If so, it’s highly likely that you could make a compensation claim in St Brelade.

    When to make a compensation claim in St Brelade for an injury in the home

    For your claim to be valid, someone else must be to blame for your accident; for example, your landlord, your local authority or a professional worker paid to undertake home repairs or improvements. If you fall down stairs because you misplaced your footing or you had too much wine to drink, no-one can be held responsible for your accident. However, if you fall down stairs because you trip over a piece of carpet that was not laid properly by a paid carpet fitter, you may have a valid compensation claim in St Brelade.

    If you are injured on your own property

    If you own your home, you are solely responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of your property. If a tile slides from the roof and hits you on the head, no-one can be held responsible unless you recently hired a paid professional to repair your roof. Some situations where a property owner may be able to claim compensation for an accident in the home include:

    • You injure yourself due to poor workmanship
    • You trip over workers tools left around your home.

    If you are injured in the home you rent

    If you rent your home from a private landlord or from the local authority, they have a responsibility to make sure your residence is safe. However, as the tenant you must notify the landlord about any urgent repairs that need to be done. Some examples of situations where a tenant may be able to claim compensation for an accident in the home include:

    • You trip and injure yourself due to a poorly maintained footpath
    • You fall down stairs that are in a dangerous condition
    • You are injured due to faulty electrics.

    You may also be able to make a compensation claim in St Brelade for items belonging to anyone in your family that are damaged or destroyed because of your landlord’s failure to carry out repairs. For example, you may be able to claim for carpets and furniture that are damaged by water leaking from burst pipes that your landlord hasn’t fixed.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline: here to answer your call for help

    Proving that your injury was caused by the negligence of a landlord or a professional worker can be a tricky business. However, Accident Advice Helpline specialise in personal injury compensation claims for accidents which occur in the home. If you would like to know more about making a compensation claim for an accident that occurred in your home, please call a member of our friendly legal team on 0800 689 0500 from a land line or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Try our 30-second test to find out how much compensation you could be entitled to receive for your accident in the home compensation claim in St Brelade. Call now!

    Date Published: 18th August 2013

    Author: amco37

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.