Compensation Claim in Shropshire


Fatal Accidents – Are You Entitled to Make A Claim?

The thought of losing a loved one through a fatal accident is the worst feeling anyone could ever imagine and the grief that follows from this can leave the family devastated. It is not only this, but it can also leave them in a financial crisis, particularly if the victim is the main breadwinner of the household. There are many families, for instance, who rely on their partner to at least share the financial burden with them, particularly if they have children to support.  If you lose a family member in this way and it was the result of another person’s carelessness or negligence, you may be entitled to make a compensation claim in Shropshire. The compensation will never make up for the loss of a family member but it can help to ease the financial side of it, so that you can go through the grieving process without having any extra worries to deal with.

Types of Accidents

There are many types of accidents which can lead to fatalities, including road traffic accidents, slips, trips or falls and even accidents in the workplace. Those accidents which seem minor at the time can even lead to the death of a loved one. As long as the accident was caused by someone else, you have the right, as a close family member, to make a claim against them for compensation. It is important to have witnesses if you are looking to make a claim as you might find that the other person is reluctant to admit liability.

Victims and Dependants

If your loved one is involved in a fatal accident at the hands of another person, you can make a compensation claim in Shropshire. The claims are made up of two separate parts; the victim award and the dependant award. The victim award is the compensation which is given for the suffering of the victim, and the dependant award is compensation given to a family member who may have been relying on the victim for financial support. A close relative who can claim in this case includes a blood relative or your other half. The victim would have to be a first hand blood relative, which means second cousins etc., would not be able to claim compensation.

How to Make Your Claim

When you are ready to start the process for your compensation claim Shropshire, you should initially speak to Accident Advice Helpline, who will be able to offer you advice and support about your case. They have in-house solicitors who are specialised in their own particular areas and they will be able to deal with the claim for you and keep in touch with you throughout the entire process. The lines are open 24/7 and with a ‘no win, no fee*’ obligation, you have nothing to lose by making a claim.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )