3 Essential Things You Should Do To Help Support Your Personal Injury Compensation Claim in Scone
All personal injury claims require evidence to prove the facts of the claim. Without the necessary evidence, your application is likely to be unsuccessful. There are 3 essential things you should do to help you gather the evidence required to support your compensation claim in Scone.
1. Receive Medical Attention/Visit your Doctor
It’s vital to obtain the appropriate medical attention to treat your injury. Not only will you be taking care of your health and protecting yourself from the possibility of your injury becoming worse, but you will have documented evidence proving the nature of your injury, treatment received and ongoing treatment required. We will need to obtain this documented evidence (copies of your doctor’s notes as well as your hospital treatment notes and records) to prove your injury.
2. Report the Accident to the Relevant People
It will benefit your compensation claim if you inform certain people about the accident. The people you need to inform will depend on the type of accident, injury sustained and place where the accident happened. Some examples are:
- Work accident – let your manager know about the accident, make sure it’s entered into the accident report book; and obtain a copy of the report.
- Accident in a public place – report the accident to the local authority or organisation in charge of looking after the area. Keep copies of any correspondence between you.
- Accidents on commercial property – report your injury to the manager/owner of the property and make sure the accident is accurately recorded in their accident report book.
In circumstances where you are injured due to criminal activity, it’s essential that you report the incident to the police. We need to obtain copies of all documents/reports available that prove your accident occurred.
3. Gather Evidence
Often, the trauma of the accident can prevent the clear thinking needed to collect essential evidence of the accident and its after effects, which may be required later to support your compensation claim Scone. The types of evidence that will help your claim include:
- Evidence from witnesses – contact details
- If possible, photographs – of your injuries, the scene, or hazard that caused your accident
- Documentation – any documents that will help support your claim
- Proof of Expenses – keep receipts, bank statements, invoices, anything that proves an expense that’s related to your injury.
If you do these 3 essential things, your compensation claim in Scone has a strong chance of success –providing you qualify to make a personal injury claim. Call Accident Advice helpline today on 0800 689 0500 and speak to a friendly adviser to find out if you qualify to make a personal injury compensation claim. We are available to take your call 24/7, and you have no obligation to proceed with your claim.
If you are curious about whether you qualify and how much you could claim, why not enter some details into our 30-second compensation test and find out what your claim could be worth.
Date Published: 15th August 2013
Author: David Brown