If you are considering making a compensation claim in Saltdean it is likely that you have a few questions that you might want answered.
At Accident Advice Helpline, we are here to help. We’ve put together some FAQs that should help answer any questions you may have straight away.
Can I make a compensation claim in Saltdean?
If you been injured (either physically or psychologically) as the result of an accident that was someone else’s fault then you will be able to claim financial compensation.
Who can make a claim?
- You can make a claim on your own behalf.
- If the injured person is a minor then they can appoint someone to act on their behalf, this is usually a relative or close friend.
- If a claim is being made on behalf of someone who has died then dependents have the right to make a claim in their name.
Is there a time limit?
Generally speaking, your compensation claim in Saltdean should be made within three years of the date of injury; however, if no real “accident” occurred in terms of a one-off event, for example in the case of industrial diseases and illnesses such as deafness and asbestosis then you would have three years to make the claim from the date you became aware of the illness.
What do you mean by fault?
Some people assume that “fault” means that the person responsible for the accident cause it intentionally. This is not necessarily the case. Someone is regarded as being legally at fault for an accident if they were negligent in some way. This could be because they did not stick to statutory regulations (for example, in the work place) or were not paying due care and attention (for example, when driving). If someone is found to be at fault then they are technical liable for their actions.
What is compensation?
Financial compensation, sometimes referred to as damages, is money awarded to a claimant (or injured person) to compensate them for the pain, injury and/or suffering they have endured as a result of their accident.
If you want to ask us anything about the validity of your compensation claim in Saltdean you can either:
- Call us on our Freephone number and speak to one of our professional advisers
- Completed our 30 second test, which you can find on our website, which will let you know if your claim is valid and will also give you a good idea of how much your compensation claim in Saltdean might be worth
- Fill in our no obligation online enquiry form and one of our customer service advisers will give you a call back as soon as possible to discuss your case in more detail
If you’ve had an accident and have been injured in any way then we think you have already suffered enough. Esther Rantzen, consumer champion and Accident Advice Helpline patron, knows that we will look after you and do everything we can to make sure you get the compensation claim in Saltdean that you deserve.
Date Published: 11th August 2013
Author: David Brown