Compensation Claim in Rye FAQ’s
Have I got a claim?
You can make a compensation claim in Rye with Accident Advice Helpline if you have received a personal injury as a direct result of an accident that was, at least in part, someone else’s fault. This can be caused by negligence or carelessness in the way something was done, or because of the way something was not done.
If you would like to find out if your specific personal injury qualifies you to make a claim you can:
- Take our 30 second test on our website.
- Complete our online claim form and a member of our dedicated staff will call you back as soon as possible.
- Or speak to one of our advisers on Freephone 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0992 from your mobile) to discuss your case in more detail.
What sort of accidents can I claim for?
A personal injury can occur as a result of:
- A road traffic accident
- A slip, trip or fall
- Exposure to a fault product
Equally you may be able to make a compensation claim Rye if:
- You have been injured through medical negligence
- Suffered illness as a result of industrial disease
- Suffered injury through the workplace (RSI, faulty machinery)
Is there a time limit to making a claim?
Generally speaking you need to start court proceedings within three years of the date when you were injured.
However, in some cases this time limit can be extended, for example if:
- The claimant was a minor at the time the injury took place (i.e. under 18 years of age)
- Some cases take a long time to establish that injury/illness has taken place for example in the case of asbestos related diseases (such as mesothelioma)
My accident happened at work, I’m worried if I make a claim against my employer they will sack me.
Your employer is legally not allowed to terminate your contract because you have made a compensation claim Rye against them for an accident you have suffered whilst at the work place. Legally employers are required to have specific insurance to cover staff against any accidents that might occur, this means that it is the insurance company who will actually be responsible for the payment of your claim, not your employer directly.
How much is compensation claim in Rye worth?
Every claim is different therefore it is impossible to give an accurate idea of how much your compensation claim might be worth at the initial consultation stage. Information about the precise details of the claim, as well as a comprehensive medical report, will be required in order to get a fair assessment.
As well as the compensation that you are entitled to you may be able to claim back money for certain out of pocket expenses you have incurred, for example, loss of earnings or specific treatment costs.
If you would like to get an initial idea of how much compensation you can get for your specific personal injury then take the 30 second test on our website.
Date Published: 8th August 2013
Author: David Brown