Making a compensation claim in Purley
When it comes to making a compensation claim in Purley, there’s plenty of legal firms for you to chose from. Knowing where to start can be quite a task and familiarising yourself with the compensation claim process can help a great deal.
What you need to know
Before you even approach anyone about your compensation claim in Purley, know that the local area does not have to be your only option. You can use a national organisation if you choose to. Before you make any decisions you should understand that any firm of personal injury solicitors will ask the same three questions before they can even consider starting a claim for you.
- When did the accident happen? The accident that you are making a claim after must have occurred within the last three years. This is the current scope for compensation claims and anything outside that, other than some workplace accidents will not be considered.
- Was the accident someone else’s fault? To be able to make a compensation claim there has to be a third party involved and you must be able to prove that they either, directly or indirectly caused your accident.
- Were you injured in the accident and did you receive medical attention? This is one of the most important factors of any compensation claim. To be eligible for compensation you must be able to prove that you suffered an injury and that you received treatment.
Other things involved in compensation claims.
- Witnesses. Saying you had an accident is not enough, there has to be something to prove that the accident occurred and that someone else was involved. This can be witnesses, police incident reports or accident at work reports. CCTV can also be used as evidence of an event.
- Expenses. Keep all evidence to prove any financial hardship you have suffered as a result of your accident. This can include childcare bills, transport receipts and bills for medical attention.
- Costs and Fees. It’s important that you know what you will be paying for.
- Estimated payouts. There is never a guaranteed payout for a compensation claim. The final settlement figure will be decided by the court dealing with your case. You may be given a quote using a compensation claim calculator but this is only an estimate and should never be taken as a guarantee.
Get advice before you start
The wisest move anyone can make when starting a compensation claim is to contact a professional organisation such as Accident Advice Helpline. We are the experts, and we can help you!
Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. We’ve got you covered with your compensation claim in Purley.