Motorbike compensation claim in Pickering
Pickering is an ancient market town in North Yorkshire, perfect motor biking countryside.
Motorbikes are becoming more and more popular, not just for pleasure but for commuting because of the low cost in running them. They now account for 1% of all traffic on UK roads but unfortunately they are involved in 20% of deaths and serious injuries from accidents. The motorbike rider is 40 times more likely to die in an accident than a car driver.
If you are involved in a motorbike accident you may be entitled to a compensation claim in Pickering
There are many reasons why a motorbike accident might occur but the three most common ones are:
- Right of way violation
- Loss of control at speed round bends
- Overtaking/filtering accidents
If the accident you are involved in was the fault of some one else, you may be entitled to make a compensation claim in Pickering.
The vulnerability of the motorbike rider
Motorbike riders are particularly vulnerable in accidents because of the lack of protection on a motorbike compared to the protection a car gives. Crash helmets reduce the risk of a fatal head injury by about 50% but still 80% of motorcycle deaths are because of serious head injuries.
The sort of injuries you may have to make a compensation claim in Pickering for
The list of injuries you could sustain in a motorbike accident is endless but includes:
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
- Road rash (this is where the rider slides along the road scrapping skin and flesh from their body)
- Bikers arm (this is where the accident happens in such a way that the bike falls on the arm and crushes it)
- Spinal injuries
Any of these injuries would result in you being able to make a compensation claim in Pickering if the accident was not your fault.
Other things to claim for
As part of your compensation claim in Pickering, you have to consider how the accident may change you life. This will obviously depend on how serious your injuries are but other things you may be able to claim for include:
- Loss of earnings, past and future – if you are the main breadwinner and unable to work again this is a huge loss to you and your family
- Replacement of equipment and accessories – after the trauma of a bad accident you may never want to ride a motorbike again but you should be compensated for the value of the damaged leathers, helmet etc.
- Care costs – you may no longer be able to carry out every day tasks for yourself and may need a carer
- Any other costs or losses you incur – as a direct result of the accident
Who can help you with your compensation claim?
Accident Advice Helpline can help you make your compensation claim in Pickering.
We have the knowledge and expertise to handle the insurance companies who will usually insist it must have been the bikers’ fault – let us take that stress away from you.
Call our helpline on 0800 180 4 123 and talk to one of our advisors about your accident, and we will make sure you get the fairest compensation available for your claim.