Do you need to make a cycle compensation claim in Petrockstowe?
Cycling is one of the fastest growing pastimes in the UK; from toddlers to pensioners bikes are popular. They are used for sport, pleasure or commuting and no matter what your age or why you ride, if you come off your cycle, and it was not your fault, you may be able to make a compensation claim in Petrockstowe.
What you can do to lower the risk of a compensation claim in Petrockstowe
Cyclists are very vulnerable on the roads; they have very little protection if they have an accident. There are a few things they can do to reduce the risks of injury, and so reduce the risk of a compensation claim in Petrockstowe. Steps they can take include:
- Wearing a good quality helmet can reduce any head injuries you may sustain.
- Wearing high visibility jackets, stripes on legs etc. will make you more visible to other road users.
- Do not ride next to someone else, this can make it difficult for a car to overtake and you might be knocked off your bike.
- If you are passing parked cars make sure you leave at least a car door width between you and the cars to avoid a driver opening his door and hitting you.
The sort of injuries you are likely to have from a cycle accident
Cycle accidents create a variety of injuries from minor cuts and bruises to serious head injuries and even fatalities. Typical injuries can include:
- Broken bones
- Facial injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Back injuries
- Dental injuries
- Anxiety and stress
- Road rash
The different areas of your compensation claim in Petrockstowe
When you have an accident there is more to think about than just injuries. What if you cannot work again – how will you feed the wife and six children, how will you pay the household bills. If you end up in a wheelchair how will you get in and out of your home without a ramp, how will you shower yourself – the list is endless but it all needs to be accounted for when you make your compensation claim in Petrockstowe. Some of the areas that may be included are:
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and stress
- Replacement of equipment and accessories
- Cost of care
- Loss of earnings
- Extra medical expenses
- Travel expenses
- Cost of adapting or moving your home
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident
Where to go to make your compensation claim in Petrockstowe
The place to go is Accident Advice Helpline – we are there 24 hours a day every day, there to give you help and advice regarding your personal injury compensation claim.Open Claim Calculator
On our freephone number, 0800 1980 4 123, you will find advisors who are friendly and professional. They will give you free advice and help you all they can. Or you could try the 30-second test online for some guidance.
We operate a no win no fee agreement so no money will have to be found to finance your claim.