How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation claim for permanent damage

    If you have been permanently injured in an accident that was not your fault, then you could make a compensation claim for permanent damage. A compensation claim for permanent damage may be for damage to the spinal cord, brain damage, paralysis, quadriplegia or tetraplegia.

    The more severe your injuries, the more compensation you will receive for them, as long as the accident in which you suffered your injuries was not your fault. You have three years in which to file a compensation claim for permanent damage, or any other personal injury compensation claim for an injury which is less severe.

    Compensation claim for permanent damage

    If you have been severely injured in an accident that was no fault of your own, you should find an accident solicitor who is experienced in dealing with claims such as yours and who will visit you at home or hospital, wherever you are. You may need a close relative to help you with your personal injury claim.

    What compensation can cover

    Compensation covers loss of earnings, so if you will never work again this could amount to a sizeable figure. It also covers the pain, distress and suffering, both physical and psychological, caused by your injuries. Medical costs past and future are covered, as are medical expenses such as prescription charges and trips in taxis (as long as receipts are kept) for close relatives to visit you while you are in hospital. You can also receive a sum to refit your home to accommodate any new needs. You will also have money to pay for 24-hour care for the rest of your life if necessary.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you, your spouse or child has suffered a life-changing injury, then here at Accident Advice Helpline we can advise you about any personal injury compensation claim. You can visit our website to find out more about us and our services. We are a law firm with more than 15 years’ experience of dealing with all types of personal injury compensation claims, and work with expert solicitors in the field who work on a no win no fee basis.

    Open Claim Calculator

    After you have visited our website, you can call us free of charge for expert legal advice about any possible personal injury compensation claim. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. You can call us at any time, so why not call right now?

    Date Published: 8th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.