Are you thinking about making a compensation claim in Pentonville after an accident that was not your fault? This could be a good way to ensure that you quickly get back on your feet after an accident, and that you don’t have any lasting financial worries. Here, we tell you what you really need to know about making a compensation claim in Pentonville.
Different types of compensation claim in Pentonville
- You can make a personal injury compensation claim as outlined above, for injuries suffered in an accident for which another person was to blame.
- You can also claim compensation for a work-related illness or an occupational disease if you can prove that this was caused as a result of your employer’s negligence.
- Also you can claim personal injury compensation for any illness you suffered which was the result of another person’s negligence, for example food poisoning after eating at a restaurant where the food had not been properly prepared, or had been incorrectly cooked.
You need to file a personal injury compensation claim within three years of the date of the accident. Though there are certain exceptions to this rule, it pays to get started as soon as you can.
What does compensation cover?
Compensation may cover:
- loss of earnings for the period you had to take off work because of an illness or injury. In some cases it will also cover future loss of earnings.
- the pain distress and suffering caused by your accident, injuries or illness.
- medical expenses, and in some cases future ones too.
If your injury was catastrophic then your compensation will cover care for the rest of your life, the cost of adapting your home to suit your new needs and cover medical costs and rehabilitation.
Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm specialising in the field of personal injury compensation. We have more than fifteen years of experience, and we’re endorsed by Dame Esther Rantzen. You can trust us to help you to get the best possible outcome for your claim.
You can call us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or on 0333 500 0993 from your mobile. Why not call us now for expert legal advice about any part of the process of making a personal injury compensation claim in Pentonville?
Alternatively, take the 30-second test online. You will be provided with an estimate of how much compensation you could be entitled to receive.
Date Published: 19th August 2013