How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim in Penicuik

    Perhaps you live and work in Penicuik and have had an accident and you are now wondering if you have grounds for making a compensation claim in Penicuik. You might have been diagnosed with a work-related illness or an occupational disease and also be thinking about making a compensation claim in Penicuik against your employer.

    Making a compensation claim in Penicuik

    If you are not sure about whether or not you have grounds for pursuing a compensation claim in Penicuik, here are some guidelines for you to consider.

    The accident in which you sustained injuries should not have been your fault in any way. You and your accident solicitor will have to show that the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence whether or not they were on the scene of the accident. For example, if you crashed your car into a cow and suffered injuries and damage to your car as a result, then the owner of the cow would be responsible as the cow should not have been on the road. It may have broken some fencing and the owner would have been negligent because the fence was in a poor state of repair, perhaps.

    You may have been diagnosed with repetitive strain injury (RSI), a work-related illness and you could be able to prove that it was caused by your employer’s negligence. For instance, perhaps you were not provided with an adjustable work counter, or a footstool, or an adjustable chair, but were expected to spend your working day n front of a computer screen. If your employer failed in his or her duty to provide you with a safe working environment, then you could have grounds for making a personal injury claim against your employer.

    If you had food poisoning after eating at a restaurant, for example, you might be able to claim compensation for it if you received medical treatment and your medical case was reported to the Department of Public Health and Hygiene in order to prevent other cases occurring. You should have kept the receipt from the restaurant as proof that you ate there. Perhaps the kitchen staff had not thoroughly washed the salad greens, or perhaps your food was not cooked at the correct temperature. You would then be able to prove that the kitchen staff were negligent and could make a personal injury compensation claim against the owner of the restaurant.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You normally have three years in which to make a personal injury compensation claim, although for some accidents you must file a claim within two years. It is best to make any claim as soon as you can after the event.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need help and expert legal advice regarding any type of personal injury claim you think you may have, give us, at Accident Advice Helpline, a call on one of our freephone numbers. You can call day or night every day of the year. Call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile or 0800 689 0500 from a landline. You can call now for expert legal advice!

    Date Published: 20th August 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.