Compensation Claim in Peebles


If you live and work in Peebles, you might be contemplating making a compensation claim in Peebles after having an accident which was not your fault. You might have had a slip, trip or fall and broken a limb in a public place, and are not quite sure what to do about it. In Britain we do not have a history of making personal injury compensation claims for injuries resulting from accidents that were not our fault, but that is slowly changing as we are beginning to realise that we are legally entitled to make a compensation claim in Peebles or elsewhere, for injuries. Perhaps we are reluctant to make a compensation claim in Peebles or any personal injury compensation claim because we feel that we might become as litigious as some of us perceive the Americans to be. It might also be that there is a reluctance to make any personal injury compensation claim (a compensation claim in Peebles for example) because there is no longer any legal aid for this purpose.

Compensation claim in Peebles

To make a compensation claim in Peebles, you may need to find a personal injury solicitor who works on a no-win, no fee* basis. You also need to understand what you can make a personal injury compensation claim for. You can claim for:-

  • an injury which was sustained in an accident that another person (not you) was responsible for.
  • any illness such as food poisoning, MRSA or Legionnaire’s Disease, which can be proven to have been caused by another person’s negligence.
  • a work-related or occupational disease which you and your solicitor can prove was caused by your employer’s negligence.

You need to file a claim within three years of the date of the accident in which you received your injuries and within three years of first being informed that you have a work-related illness or an occupational disease.

Supporting evidence for a compensation claim

If you have a road accident or an accident in a public place, or anywhere else, you should take photographs of the scene of the accident and your injuries. You will also need to have evidence of medical treatment and will need to have received this as soon as possible after your accident. The names and contact details of witnesses are also useful.

If you have an accident at work, in a shop, cinema or other public place, you should notify a member of staff and have your accident details recorded in the accident book.

Accident Advice Helpline

If you need help and advice about a possible personal injury compensation claim you want to make, then you could contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. Go to our website to find out more about us and then perhaps you would like to give us a call for expert legal advice on one of our freephone numbers. You can call at any time, any day of the year. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline and from a mobile, call 0333 500 0993. For expert legal advice, why not call us right now?

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )