Medical negligence compensation claim in Otley
Otley is a beautiful market town just 10 miles from Leeds, which is steeped in history and has a thriving tourism trade.
Why you might need to make a Medical Negligence compensation claim in Otley
Whether you live in Otley, Leeds, London, Weymouth or anywhere else in the UK there may come a time when you, or a family member, needs to make a medical negligence compensation claim Otley. This could be for several reasons, and may be made against differing professionals, such as:
- Your GP – we all like to trust our GP, they are the first person we go running to if we feel ill, but they are human and they do sometimes make mistakes. They could misdiagnose your illness or give you the wrong treatment, unfortunately it does happen and could we mean someone is entitled to make a compensation claim Otley.
- Your hospital – hospital doctors and nurses are all very highly trained, but they also work under a lot of pressure, with scant resources, in the present financial climate. Errors do occur in hospitals, and people are made worse or injured because of these errors.
- Your dentist – everyone’s favourite person, but what if he pulled the wrong teeth out, slipped with his drill and scarred your face or generally got the treatment wrong. Our teeth can cause us a lot of pain and discomfort if they are not treated properly, so the patient may be entitled to make a compensation claim Otley.
- The pharmacist – if you were given the wrong tablets, or even the wrong strength of the correct tablets, you could become extremely ill.
- The optician – consider having your eyes lazored, what if the laser slipped and took the sight of your eye – it is no coincidence that as a precautionary measure, some opticians do only one eye at a time.
The things that would make up your compensation claim in Otley
This would depend on how severely you were injured but can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Stress and anxiety
- Loss of earnings
- Extra medical expenses
- Care costs if necessary
- Home adaption costs if needed
Where to go
Accident Advice Helpline, that’s the place to go. That’s where you will find solicitors with all the knowledge and expertise you need to fight your case. They will deal with the insurance companies, the health trusts and whomever else they have to. They will make sure every aspect of your claim is covered, that they maximise your claim so you receive what your are entitled to. After all, amputating the wrong limb, or something else just as serious, can be life changing.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, there whenever you need us. Just call our helpline on 0800 689 0500, and speak to one of our friendly advisers, they will give you free advise and assist you all they can to start the process of your personal injury compensation claim if you wish to proceed.
Date Published: 12th August 2013