Help with your motorbike compensation claim in Oscroft
Oscroft is seven miles from Chester, close to North Wales and The Peak District. If you want to find out more about making a compensation claim in Oscroft after a motorbiking accident, then you have come to the right place.
Unfortunately, more motorbikes means more motorbike accidents. Although motorbikes account for only 1% of the traffic on UK roads, they are involved in 20% of the accidents. and they are not all the fault of the rider. This creates the need for a lot of them to make a compensation claim in Oscroft.
Why accidents happen with motorbikes
There are endless reasons why an accident can happen, some of them for motorbike accidents are:
- Potholes or bad road surfaces
- Spillages on the road
- Collisions with other vehicles – cars, buses lorries etc.
- Opening of car doors
- Defect on the bike
The sort of injuries you may sustain
When you are riding your motorbike, you do not have the protection of the car or other vehicle in which you sit. Although riders wear crash helmets, and most of them wear leathers for protection, there are injuries you can get from a motorbike accident that you would not get in a car accident; you are more vulnerable on a bike.
The injuries can be:
- Brain injuries – the most common of motorbike injuries, ranging from mild to severe
- Broken bones – we have over 200 bones in our body, so there’s plenty of choice which ones to break
- Road rash – caused by sliding along the road and damaging the skin and sometimes bones
- Bikers arm – a crushed arm because of the motorbike falling sideways
- Spinal injuries – depends on the location and extent of the trauma as to how serious this will be
Who do you deal with during your claim?
This could be any one of several organisations such as:
- Insurance companies
- Local authorities
- Manufacturers (if there was a defect on your bike)
- The Motor Insurance Bureau (if the other rider/driver was uninsured
Of course, if you work with an expert law firm, all of this will be taken care of on your behalf.
Things you can claim for
There are a number of items for which you claim as part of your compensation claim in Oscroft, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and stress
- Replacement equipment and accessories
- Loss of earnings
- Extra medical expenses
- Cost of care if you need help in looking after yourself
- Cost of adapting your home if your injuries are so severe this needs to be done
Where you should go to make your personal injury compensation claim
For help with your compensation claim in Oscroft, get in touch. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or if you are ringing from a mobile, please call us on 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 12th August 2013