Criminal Injuries compensation claim in Organford
It would appear that if you live in Organford, you are not in a high crime area. Only 11 crimes were reported in June 2013, and 6 of those were for anti social behavior. However, if the situation were different, and Organford a much worse area, you may well have had cause to make a criminal injuries compensation claim in Organford.
Why you would to have to make a criminal injury compensation claim in Organford
If you are the victim of a violent crime you may be entitled to make a compensation claim Organford.
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) administers the payments.
The CICA is government funded and was set up to compensate the blameless victims of violent crime. Payments are available from the scheme for:
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Loss of earnings
- Special expense payments, to cover specific injury-related needs which are not available free of charge from any other source
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
Circumstances in which you may be eligible for compensation claim in Organford
You may be entitled to payment if you:
- Were a direct victim of a crime of violence
- Were not to blame for the incident
- Sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- Sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- Are a qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
There are further eligibility requirements for your compensation claim in Organford
The further requirements are:Open Claim Calculator
- The incident should have happened within the last two years
- You must report the incident to the police, and help them with their enquiries, to give them the best chance of catching the criminal.
- You must have needed medical attention, whether for physical or mental injuries.
- You cannot have already applied for compensation for the same injury under this or any other scheme.
- If you and the person who injured you were living together as part of the same family, you cannot get payment if you continue to live with them or if they will benefit from your award.
- You should be a British citizen or a national of another European country that has a right to be in the UK.
Making a compensation claim in Organford? Accident Advice Helpline is here to help
The above is the basics of the Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme, and that all seems enough to contend with, without all the other associated ins and outs of the scheme, all intended of course, quite correctly, to make sure that it only pays to the people it is meant for.
Accident Advice Helpline will help you make your claim, we have been doing so successfully for over 13 years now, and we will make the whole process a whole lot easier for you.
Just call our helpline on 0800 689 0500, and speak to one of our advisers, you will find them friendly and compassionate and the call will be in complete confidence.