How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim in Orby

    Food poisoning compensation claim in Orby

    Orby is a small village on the busy coast road. It is mentioned in the Doomsday Book and has various old buildings, one of which dates back to the 17th Century.  However, the church is even older and dates back to the 13th Century, although it did have some alterations in the 18th Century. There are now only the residents, pub, and the church left, as the village has lost its school, post office, chapel and shop.

    Why you might make a food poisoning claim in Orby

    Lets assume that after admiring the beauty of Orby, you carry on along the coast road until you hit one of the holiday areas where you book into a hotel. After a couple of days you become ill with food poisoning and you may need to make a food poisoning compensation claim in Orby.

    The causes of a food poisoning compensation claim in Orby

    Food poisoning can be caused by several things, just some of which are:

    • Food not being properly cooked
    • Storing food at an incorrect temperature
    • Leaving cooked food at warm temperatures for too long before eating
    • Food that has passed its use by date
    • Food being handled by someone who is ill or has dirty hands
    • Cross contamination of foods

    Particularly susceptible to these problems are:

    • Raw meat
    • Poultry
    • Cooked sliced meats
    • Pate
    • Soft cheeses
    • Pre packed sandwiches
    • Raw eggs
    • Raw shellfish
    • Unpasteurised milk

    Food poisoning compensation claim in Orby – Deciding if you need to make a claim

    Generally, contaminated food might give you three or four days of feeling ill, vomiting etc., but it does usually clear up on its own. However, this is not always the case, food poisoning can make you seriously ill, it can damage your nervous system and has been known to cause death.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you are unlucky enough to contract food poisoning, you, or someone else acting on your behalf, should report it to the Foods’ Standards Agency who are responsible for enforcing the rules and regulations that apply to food outlets of all sorts. They will arrange an unannounced visit to the offending premises and ensure they are compliant. Even if your case of food poisoning is mild, it should still be reported, firstly to prevent it happening to someone else, and secondly if more than one person reports the same food outlet, it needs to be dealt with as soon as possible.

    We will help you with your compensation claim in Orby

    At Accident Advice Helpline dealing with food poisoning compensation claims in Orby is not unusual, we have over the years helped many customers obtain the compensation to which they were entitled, and we will do the same for you.

    Our in house solicitors are experienced in these matters, and will ensure you claim is maximised to get the correct amount of compensation for you.

    On our website there is a 30-second test for guidance, or you can ring our freephone number on 0800 180 4 123, and speak to one of our friendly advisors.

    We operate a no win no fee agreement, so if you have just come back from the coast broke, don’t worry about it, you will not need any money to start your personal injury compensation claim.

    Date Published: 12th August 2013

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.