How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim in North Bovey

    Personal Injury Solicitors in North Bovey

    If you live and work in North Bovey you could be thinking of making a compensation claim in North Bovey after being involved in an accident which was not your fault. You may have fallen off a roof while laying new thatch on it and if you were not to blame for this accident at work, then you would have grounds to make a compensation claim in North Bovey against your employer or the owner of the cottage if it could be proven that the accident was caused in some way by their negligence. Your employer should have carried out a risk assessment exercise before assigning the job to you and should have provided you with a safety harness if you are working on any roof or at a height. If you have not been provided with safety equipment, then you could have grounds for making a compensation claim in North Bovey for any injuries sustained in such an accident.

    Making a Compensation Claim in North Bovey

    A compensation claim in North Bovey is the same as any other personal injury compensation claim made in the UK. Firstly, the accident in which you sustained injuries should not have been your fault and secondly you should file a compensation claim within three years of the date of your accident.

    If you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness or an occupational disease, you can also file a personal injury compensation claim within three years of first being informed by your GP or hospital doctor that you have an illness or disease that was caused by your work or working environment.

    You can also claim personal injury compensation for any illness for which another person’s negligence was responsible. Food poisoning is an example of such an illness if you ate at a restaurant and the food was improperly cooked or prepared.

    When to make a claim?

    Although you usually have three years in which to file a personal injury compensation claim, it makes sense to file a claim as soon as you can. This is because, if you were involved in an accident, the details will be fresh in your mind. If you wait for two years or more before making a claim, you could have forgotten some important details.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you have food poisoning because of another person’s negligence then you should inform the local Public Health and Hygiene department so as to prevent an outbreak of it in the local area.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    We at Accident Advice Helpline can give you expert legal advice about any personal injury compensation claim you might have. We have been advising people for more than ten years and work with a team of specialist solicitors who live and work all over the country.

    Why not check out our Accident Advice Helpline website and then call us on one of our freephone numbers? You can call us at any time, any day, including Bank Holidays. The numbers to call, free of charge are 0800 689 0500 from a landline and from a mobile call 0333 500 0993. Call now for expert legal advice.

    Date Published: 12th August 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.