How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim in Normanton

    Compensation Claim in Normanton

    When you are involved in an accident perhaps your first thought is not about making a compensation claim in Normanton – based, if that is where you live. However if you do live and work in Normanton (for example) and have had an accident in the last three years in which you were injured and that accident was in no way your fault, then you could be entitled to make a compensation claim in Normanton. Whether you make a compensation claim in Normanton or one from anywhere else in the UK the rules governing personal injury compensation claims are the same.

    Making a Compensation Claim in Normanton

    A compensation claim in Normanton or elsewhere is a personal injury compensation claim. These can be made if you were the victim of an accident, or if you have suffered a work-related illness or occupational disease. You can also claim if you became ill as a result of another person’s negligence. For example you may have contracted Legionnaire’s Disease because a water tank or air-conditioning system had not been correctly maintained.

    Accidents and Illness on Foreign Holidays

    If you booked your package holiday with a UK-based travel agent, then you may be able to claim personal injury compensation if you have an accident or are ill because of another person’s negligence.

    Let’s consider some scenarios:

    1 You tripped over a piece of broken paving stone in the hotel grounds and broke a limb. You can claim compensation from the travel agent because the hotel owner is regarded as the travel agent’s representative in the resort you stayed in.

    Open Claim Calculator

    2 You had a bad case of food poisoning after eating in the hotel restaurant and received medical treatment. You can claim compensation in this case.

    3 You contracted Legionnaire’s Disease because of a poorly maintained water or air-conditioning system at your hotel.

    4 You fell over a piece of paving in a foreign street. This could not be grounds for a UK-based compensation claim as the neither the UK travel agent nor his or her representatives could be held responsible. You could sue for damages in the country in which you had your accident theoretically, though.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm which has been assisting people with personal injury compensation claims for more than ten years. We work all over the UK and Northern Ireland with a team of specialist solicitors who are all experienced in compensation claim work.

    We suggest that you visit our Accident Advice Helpline website to find out what we may be able to do to help you with your potential compensation claim.

    When you are directed to our landing page, you will find our thirty second test which only takes that amount of time to give you an estimate of the amount of compensation you could get for your injuries or illness. You may then wish to call us on one of our freephone numbers. From a landline call 0800 689 0500 and from a mobile, 0333 500 0993. You can call now as the lines are open 24/7.

    Date Published: 12th August 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.