How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation claim in Newton Mearns

    Do you live in Newton Mearns? Are you thinking about making a compensation claim? Making a compensation claim in Newton Mearns needn’t be difficult if you let Accident Advice Helpline take on your claim.

    There are some criteria for making any compensation claim in Newton Mearns or elsewhere, one of the most important is that you, along with your solicitor, have to prove, is that your accident or illness was caused by somebody else’s negligence. You have three years after an accident or first diagnosis of a work-related illness in which to file a compensation claim in Newton Mearns.

    Making a compensation claim in Newton Mearns

    You can make a compensation claim in Newton Mearns (or anywhere else in the UK) for any injury you sustained in an accident that was not your fault, in the last three years. The sooner you make the claim the better for you, however, as some cases can drag on for years, especially if they are complicated ones, such as medical negligence cases, for which a lot of research has to be done.

    You can claim for a work-related illness or an occupational disease, and if you do so, you and your solicitor will be obliged to prove that your illness was caused by negligence on the part of your employer.

    You can also claim for an illness which you can prove was caused by another person’s negligence. This might be MRSA, a bacterial infection which you may have contracted during a stay in hospital (it is one of the so-called Superbugs), or food poisoning which you got after eating out or buying a contaminated product (if the latter was the case, then you need to keep the wrapping so that it can be analysed by your local Public Health department.)

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accidents abroad

    If you booked a package holiday through a UK-based travel agent or holiday firm, then you may be able to make a compensation claim in Newton Mearns for any illness or accident that can be proven to have been caused either by the travel agent or one of his or her representatives, such as the owner of the hotel where you stayed. For example, if you tripped over uneven paving in the hotel grounds and broke a limb, you may have a case for filing a compensation claim against the hotel owner or the travel agent. If your accident was caused by a person other than a representative of the travel agent (such as a local fisherman or a shop owner) then you can make a compensation claim which would be governed by the laws of the country in which you had your accident.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you believe that you have grounds to file a personal injury compensation claim, then you should contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert professional advice about your possible claim.

    You could visit our Accident Advice Helpline website to learn more about us and then, after taking our 30-second test which gives you a rough idea of how much compensation you might get, you could call us free from a landline on 0800 689 0500 or from a mobile on 0333 500 0993 (charges may vary).

    Date Published: 12th August 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.