How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation claim in Newton-le-Willows

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Newton-Le-Willows

    If you live and work in Newton-le-Willows and have had an accident in the last three years which was not caused by you, but by another person’s negligence, then you may be thinking of making a compensation claim in Newton-le-Willows. A compensation claim in Newton-le-Willows may be for injuries sustained from an accident, or be for a work-related illness or an occupational disease which could be proven to have been caused by your employer’s negligence. Another reason for filing a compensation claim in Newton-le-Willows might be because you have had an illness that you can prove was caused by another person’s negligence. An example of this type of illness is food poisoning which you might get after eating out. The kitchen staff may not have cooked you food correctly or your salad greens (one of the more usual culprits of food poisoning these days) may not have been thoroughly washed.

    Compensation Claim in Newton-le-Willows

    A compensation claim in Newton-le-Willows is made in the same way as any other personal injury compensation claim. You have three years to make a claim for an accident or for a work-related illness from the date of the accident or of the first diagnosis of your illness.

    Accidents in Public Places

    If you have an accident that is not your fault in a restaurant, for example, then you may be able to claim compensation for your injury from the owner of the premises. For example you might fall off a chair in a restaurant because the chair was in a bad condition and a leg broke. You might have had a back injury and been off work for some time.

    If you have any kind of accident it is worth taking photos with your mobile phone of the scene of your accident and of your injuries if possible. Photographs can help support any personal injury compensation claim you may make.

    What can compensation cover?

    If you are off work after an accident then you can claim for loss of earnings as well as for the pain, distress and suffering caused to you because of the accident and your injuries. You can also claim for medical expenses such as prescription charges as long as you keep the receipts.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The more serious your injuries, the more compensation you receive. For example if you have suffered spinal cord damage and are confined to a wheelchair and paralysed, then you will also be able to claim for past and future medical treatment and care for the rest of your life. You will also receive money to cover the costs of having your home refitted to accommodate your new needs.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Visit our Accident Advice Helpline website to discover how we may be able to help you proceed with a personal injury compensation claim. We have been helping people like you for more than ten years.

    You can call us free of charge on one of our freephone numbers for expert legal advice too. These are: for mobiles 0333 500 0993 and for landlines 0800 689 0500. Why not call now as the lines are open 24/7?

    Date Published: 12th August 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.