How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation claim in Newton Aycliffe

    If you live in Newton Aycliffe, you may have been injured in an accident for which someone else was to blame, and you could be thinking of making a compensation claim in Newton Aycliffe, perhaps on behalf of a close family member who has been injured in a life-changing accident. Or perhaps you tripped in your local leisure centre and have a broken arm or leg after slipping on a floor which was wet. If you slipped on a wet floor and there were no hazard warning signs around the area then you might be able to make a compensation claim in Newton Aycliffe against the local authority which owns the leisure centre, or against the manager of a private establishment.

    Making a compensation claim in Newton Aycliffe

    If you are considering making a compensation claim Newton Aycliffe – based, then you should understand that you have to lodge one within three years of your accident. You also have three years in which to claim for any work-related illness or occupational disease. The three years is from the date of you GP informing you that you have such a medical condition.

    Work-related illnesses

    Your employer has a responsibility for your health and safety while you are at work. There are strict guidelines to follow at work and these are overseen by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). If you have an accident while at work it should be recorded in the accident book and then be reported to the HSE.

    If you are off work for more than three days with a work-related illness then this should also be reported to the HSE by your employer. You can also report an accident or illness directly to the HSE or you can go through your union representative.

    If you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness, you and your solicitor will have to build a case which shows that your employer was in some way negligent in performing his or her duties. For example you may have been inadequately trained, or perhaps you were not given the appropriate protective wear for your job. You may have been diagnosed with repetitive strain injury after working on a computer that was on a work surface that was not adjusted to your physical needs. In that case, your employer was negligent because he or she had not followed the Health and Safety regulations governing work stations.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you think you have grounds to claim personal injury compensation, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice. We are a law firm and have been helping people with their claims for over ten years. You can visit our Accident Advice Helpline to find out more about us, and then you could call us on one of our numbers at any time of day any day of the year (including Bank Holidays).

    The number to ring from a landline is 0800 689 0500 and from a mobile, call us on 0333 500 0993. Why not call us now for expert legal advice about your compensation claim in Newton Aycliffe.

    Date Published: 12th August 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.