How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation Claim in Newton Abbot

    A compensation claim in Newton Abbot, for injuries sustained in an accident that was not your fault is the same as any other personal injury compensation claim. If you live in Newton Abbot, or had an accident there, then you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim (or compensation claim in Newton Abbot) just as you can wherever you live in the UK.

    Making a Compensation Claim in Newton Abbot

    Did you know that you can claim compensation for work-related illnesses, occupational diseases and illnesses which were no fault of yours, but were caused by another person’s negligence? The type of illnesses which can be caused by another person’s negligence are, for example, the bacterial infection MRSA, which you may get after a stay in hospital, or food poisoning, or even Legionnaire’s Disease. You are able to make a compensation claim Newton Abbot for these illnesses as well as for injuries sustained in an accident for which you were not to blame.

    When should I make a compensation claim in Newton Abbot?

    You should file a personal injury compensation claim within three years of the date of your accident or within three years of first being told by your doctor that you have any work-related illness or an occupational disease. If you have suffered from food poisoning then you should have medical treatment and you or your doctor should report your case to the local Public Health and Hygiene department so that they can investigate and prevent an outbreak of it.

    Clearly you should make any compensation claim as soon as possible as some cases take a long time to be resolved. If you have an accident, the details will be fresh in your mind if you file a virtually immediate claim.

    You have three years in which to claim personal injury compensation because some people who suffer catastrophic injuries after accidents are not always capable of filing immediate claims. They may need a period of rehabilitation before they can do so.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The sooner you file a claim the better, as you may suffer financial difficulties if your case drags on. Some claims are settled out of court in months, but others have to go to court and these can take years before a settlement is decided upon.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need expert legal advice about any possible personal injury compensation claim you might have, then why not contact us at Accident Advice Helpline? We are a law firm and have been dealing with personal injury compensation claims for more than a decade. If you think that you have grounds to make a compensation claim, then you could visit our Accident Advice Helpline website and then call us for expert legal advice on one of our freephone numbers.

    From a mobile you can call for free on 0333 500 0993 and from a landline, the freephone number to call is 0800 689 0500. You can call us quite literally at any time of day or night, every day of the year. Why not call us now for expert advice about your compensation claim?

    Date Published: 12th August 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.