Accidents on Campus
It’s no secret that university and college campuses are extremely busy environments with students and lecturers rushing to their next appointment, people studying and meeting up with friends and the public enjoying the various facilities.
However, busy and heavily populated areas are also particularly dangerous places to be and thousands of people every year report accidents which have happened to them on campus.
If you have been injured in an accident on a college or university campus which was not your fault then you have the right to make a compensation claim Uplawmoor.
What Could Happen
As with any public building, there is a large scope for accidents:
- Trips, slips and falls in and around the external areas because of ice, snow or general weather conditions
- Falls up and down stairs
- Tripping over unmarked hazards
- Crushing injuries from heavy doors or other objects
- Falling apparatus which can cause head or neck injuries
- Food poisoning inside refectories and cafeterias
- Burns or other injuries within scientific areas
- Accidents within lectures or off campus in supervised outings.
Of course, the above are just a few of the many accidents which could occur, and the list could potentially go on.Open Claim Calculator
Who is at Fault?
In the case of many accidents, there is nobody to blame; the accident is simply an unfortunate incident which nobody could have foreseen and therefore nobody could have prevented.
However, the manager or owner of any public area or place of education has a duty of care given to them by law to ensure that they take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of all people within their building or facility.
Under this law they must:
- Guarantee that all equipment is of the highest order and ensure that any breakages are immediately rectified
- Ensure that all public areas are left without hazard to ensure that no harm comes to a member of the public
- Train all staff to manage the health and safety of themselves, their colleagues and members of the public
- Carry out regular risk assessments to minimise the risk of accident and to make plans for emergency situations
- Carry out risk assessments in the face of a special event such as a graduation or open day protect against potential risks.
Although accidents on campus property are frequent, the owner or manager of such property has a duty to ensure that accidents are prevented wherever possible. Therefore, when an accident which could have been prevented happens and causes injury to a member of the public, that person has the right under the same law to make a compensation claim in Uplawmoor
Making a compensation claim in Uplawmoor
If you have been injured as the result of an accident and would like to make a compensation claim in Uplawmoor, then you should consider claiming compensation with us. Accident Advice Helpline has over 16 years in helping people who have received injuries they did not cause, make many a compensation claim in Uplawmoor, and our 30 second test could quickly establish whether you’re entitled to make a claim.